Pack and go price drop

Wake2port

I just checked Carnival website and the price went down by $90pp. There is a new rate posted called "pack and go"

We've already paid in full, booked the Balcony Guarantee rate and the cruise leaves in under 40 days. My TA is checking if we can get an onboard credit.. Do you think they will honor it? Has anyone had any experience with this? Do I need to call Carnival directly myself or apply for the OBC online? Can anyone offer any advice? It would be pretty sweet to get $90 PP OBC...

Nope, strange youe TA doesnt know and needs to check ..you would think a TA would read the fine print.

other than asking for a upgrade if there is a balcony that matches what you paid you can select you are out of luck.

Maybe what your TA is doing is trying to find a upgrade for you?

You can't apply for an OBC online... Nor can your TA......you are not eligible for it !

If your TA said they were going to look into getting you some OBC.... they need to be better educated in their field, at least with CCL.

The only possibility you have of capturing that lower rate found is via an "Upgrade" and only if a higher category stateroom is selling for the same or less than your Balcony Guarantee Rate.

Don't expect any OBC... it just is not possible.

But isnt it like a price drop? It's worth a call in to Carnival to inquire anyhow. Lets see what they say. Now I'm thinking that perhaps its best to book cruises last minute!

Yes, it's a price drop, but you no longer can get the OBC unless you book "Early Saver" Rates.... You did not book that way if you booked a "Balcony Guarantee"

But isnt it like a price drop? It's worth a call in to Carnival to inquire anyhow. Lets see what they say. Now I'm thinking that perhaps its best to book cruises last minute!

OP said they are booked gty, so its impossible they booked ES and are entitled to OBC ..TA should know that and tell her client instead of having to have the client come here for something so simple the TA should know.

OP said they are booked gty, so its impossible they booked ES and are entitled to OBC ..TA should know that and tell her client instead of having to have the client come here for something so simple the TA should know.

That was the OP !!!:D

Morning Firefly !

OP... you posted the same question on 2 different threads... sadly you are getting the same answer.... You are not eligible for any OBC !

CC is so slow I didnt know if I hit Submit or not..So i clicked again and it started a duplicate thread. I dont know how to delete the duplicate thread?

regarding my TA not knowing the answer right away - I'm quite happy for her to check into it further rather than just FLAT out tell me NO i'm not eligible. Thats what makes her soo good. She is calling to inquire and see what she can do.

I booked ES for an interior 4 f room last year. I read in another forum that You cannot get OBC with the pack n go rates but you can upgrade by giving up your assigned room for a TBD room that is a higher category. In my case it would be $130 more to give up my assigned Interior room for a TBD balcony. I am not sure if this is true or not but I guess I will find out in a few days because I submitted a price protection form to see if it were possible. I may end up with a room over the party areas but oh well..I guess I will just stay up late and join the fun or get earplugs. I think it would be worth it just to sit out on the balcony having my morning tea. If it does not pan out ...Oh well I will go find a deck to sit on instead.

Wondering if anyone else has ever had experience in this situation where they were able to upgrade from ES to Pack n Go?

I booked ES for an interior 4 f room last year. I read in another forum that You cannot get OBC with the pack n go rates but you can upgrade by giving up your assigned room for a TBD room that is a higher category. In my case it would be $130 more to give up my assigned Interior room for a TBD balcony. I am not sure if this is true or not but I guess I will find out in a few days because I submitted a price protection form to see if it were possible. I may end up with a room over the party areas but oh well..I guess I will just stay up late and join the fun or get earplugs. I think it would be worth it just to sit out on the balcony having my morning tea. If it does not pan out ...Oh well I will go find a deck to sit on instead.

Wondering if anyone else has ever had experience in this situation where they were able to upgrade from ES to Pack n Go?

The "procedure" for price-matching ES to Guarantee Bookings like Pack-and-Go: If the fare for Guarantee Category (OV, BL, St) above your ES Category falls to/below your ES rate, you can give-up your assigned cabin for a TBA cabin in the higher Category and get OBC for any difference. ken

Full payment is required at the time of booking for all guests to secure confirmed accommodations. The full payment is non-refundable and non-transferable. Offer is valid for new individual bookings only. Offer is not combinable with any other discounted or promotional offer. Rates are capacity controlled and subject to change without prior notice. No name changes allowed. Offer is applicable in guarantee categories IS/OV/BL only. Carnival will assign the stateroom at a later time. Some restrictions (including stateroom/category availability

Archived