Babysitter service - 24 hours notice?

frostwalker

Do we really, really have to request sitter service 24 hours in advance? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that our 4.5 year old will be unpredictable as to how tired he may be.

I'm afraid we won't know til close to evening if he will be able to handle being dropped off at the Fun Factory in the evening while we do the late dinner...

Anyone know what they do if the child gets too tired in the evening at the FF? Do they have an area the children can rest/nap??

Not from personal experience, but from these boards and others....

It's probably not necessary but it would seem that at least that much time is recommended as the issue you will have is availability. It seems that, especially during vacation periods when ships are crowded and have more kids all available sitters are claimed quickly. I've been told to reserve as soon as you board to make sure you get availability. Sitting is essentially a second job for those for do it, so on a full ship they'll be less likely to be available. Some have suggested reserving for all nights when you board, and cancelling when not needed. IMO that's rude, but we may do a little overbooking to make sure we get a couple of free nights.

I think, but really don't know, that there is a napping area in FF. If you want more response you might also try the Family Cruising board under Special Interest Cruising.

Good Luck!

Archived