private snorkeling tour?

gizmo

• 1 year later...

We went with Caren, a marine biologist, on a two-shore snorkeling trip. Her enthusiasm was infectious. She would only take six of us and we had the most awesome time. In the water, she showed us the mating habits and cleaning habits of fish along with a host of other things. Because she is a marine biologist, she was permitted to allow us to hold a Sea Cucumber, an urchin and touch a sponge. The underwater landscape became more alive with her insight. One of our six spotted a Southern Stingray! Caren hadn't seen one in six months. We were all excited. She teaches snorkeling and marine life classes in the morning and usually is only available in the afternoon. She can be contacted at info@seandiscover.com . We highly recommend her. Lynne

• 3 weeks later...

gizmo,

We were in Bonaire in February and enjoyed our short stay very much. I'm a scuba diver but my wife is not, although she very much enjoys snorkeling.

We had arranged for her and two friends to do a snorkeling excursion with Renee, but due to surgery, Renee could not make it. The three of them approached a gate guard and asked if he knew where they could snorkel and he said he heard the "Airport Beach" was good. It was a $10 one-way cab ride to the beach where they had some of the best snorkeling of our 14 day cruise. They saw two Octopus, eels, and a variety of fish. My wife came back with some excellent photos. The original excursion was going to cost them $25 each, for $75 total. The cab rides totalled $20 and the snorkeling was great. If you want to save some money and have some great snorkeling too, I would recommend that you explore this option.

Her snorkeling photos in Bonaire can be viewed at:

http://www.sunfield.smugmug.com

Click on "Cruise 2006" then click on "Bonaire Snorkeling".

Denny

Archived