Carnival Legend-Info and Ideas

OpalFaerie

I picked the Hampton Inn Rocky Point for 4 reasons:

1. price

2. free breakfast

3. got good reviews on tripadvisor.com

4. proximity to airport...we rented a car for the night and have to return it to the airport and get a free shuttle from the rental company to the port...a little bit of chaos but we want the car to go to WalMart or Target to pick up supplies we dont want to pack and take on the plane and maybe drive to Clearwater to find a local place and eat on the water. We get into Florida in the AM. Have to keep busy are the excitement of the cruise will kill me.

Who was your rental car company that gave you a free shuttle to the airport?

Thanks

I have not sailed on the Legend yet(we set sail on 6/26) however I did these ports the carnival valor in 2009.

my advice- In Roatan- go to Tabayana Beach!!!!:D It is cheap through carnival and worth every penny. My boyfriend was snorkeling with giant sea turtles. its was absolutely beautiful!! (Can you tell how much i loved it?)

Belize- We went to Bakab (I believe its called) another excursion through the ship. we went horseback riding through the rain forest. it was stunning. after they take you to a beautiful pool. worth the money. i believe its about $100 per person. this is definitely a port i would book an excursion.

Cozumel- So much fun. We just rented a scooter and found our own private beaches. then returned the scooters and spent the day a carlos and charlies. so much fun.

grand cayman is very touristy and built up.

(also make sure you try all the local beers. its one of my favorite things to do and MUCH MUCH cheaper then on the boat)

Also- Tampa. We were just down there in march (for yankees spring training) and stayed at the marriot courtyard downtown. great hotel. close to port and they have a free shuttle to the port. if you go down the night before check out chanelside- a lot of fun, good restaurants and bars. also another great place is a sports bar called hatricks (very good food and drink specials)

hope this helps. and also if you can afford the balcony do it!!

Thebox- it was the first time I ever rode a horse. I would not say it was a rough ride at all. The guides were very good. If you are gonna do it bring singles. There are young boys with lots of knowledge who DEF deserve a tip!! There were wide ranges of ages on the tour. Bring your camera. Also they will match a perfect horse up with you. The more experienced riders got different horses then the beginners. It was a creak excursion and worth every penny.

Hi to all on the Carnival Forum!

I am new to Carnival, though I have cruised many times with Disney. I am getting married this summer and my fiancee and I are considering booking with Carnival. The Legend is sailing on July 10th and we would really like to book this cruise. We will likely book an IS guaranteed room(mostly because of the price) but would love to get one of those French Door rooms. Any secrets or tips, or just good info about Carnival and the Legend would be greatly appreciated. My fiancee has never cruised before but I know the ropes pretty well, though I'm not sure what to expect with Carnival. Anyways, any comments or recommendations are welcome!

We're going on our second Legend trip in March 2012 b/c we loved it so much! The only excursion we booked thru Carnival was Tulum in Mexico b/c it was such a far way away from the port and too close to feel comfortable. In Grand Caymen-we booked thru nativeway watersports for rays reef and rum point beach, included lunch and was excellent, I think about $50! in Belize we did cave tubing with major tom and the fun team, included lunch and was a blast, I think about $55! In Roatan hubby and cousin rented scooters and toured the island while we girls went to the beach. $20 included ride and enterance to beach resort, which also had a pool. scooters were $50 each, they had a blast. The beach was nice too. We did the mayan ruins in mexico with Carnival and it was very cool to see! We ate lunch at a little hole in the wall mexican place...was fresh and delicious. bus driver on the tour had beer for $2 each on the way back, was a full fun day! the places I mentioned can be found thru google and not to worry about getting back on time. this is their business, if they screw it up even once, they will lose all business and they would not risk it.

on the ship, we had fun every day. the food was always excellent. we did do one night at the steakhouse, it is worth the $30 and then some.

we had late dining and really enjoyed that. our last cruise on a different ship we had anytime dining and it worked out great, never had to wait. we're doing anytime dining on the legend this time too and we'll see how it goes...I suspect just fine. The only thing missing from anytime dining is having the same waiters every night and they get to know you...but the trade off is dining when you're hungry and not according to schedule which we really liked.

forgot the hotel info, we stayed at main sail suites in tampa. they pick you up from the airport, take you to the main lobby to check in and will then drive you to your room. although we stayed for a bite in the restaurant and then the driver took us to our room. we signed up that night for the shuttle to the cruise pier the next morning, also included with the cruise n stay package. hotel was excellent and service was wonderful. we ate breakfast there before heading to the port. tampa has the best set up for getting on the ship according to my cousin who has cruised 12 times, we arrived around noon and from dropping our bags off to the porter, on in less than 20 mins.

Have fun!:p

Archived