Galveston Rumor

A Galveston cruise line rumor

Another Princess anouncement?

RCL and Celebrity anouncement?

Carnival anouncement?

see article in Galveston Daily New today 03/10/11

by Laura Elder about another hotel planned on seawall and cruise rumor.

Within the article is rumor that is the Port of Galveston is about to make yet another big cruise announcement. It is in addition to Princess announment last week!

http://galvestondailynews.com/story/216990

On home page

hit on color blue box with word Buzz down in middle of home page not her blog on right near top right.

Very curious.

My guess is an NCL ship. I don't think Carnival will add a 3rd or that RCI or Princess will add another one.

Cool news for Galveston though. I will have to see what airfares look like to Houston instead of Florida.

Carnival anouncement?

Within the article is rumor that is the Port of Galveston is about to make yet another big cruise announcement. It is in addition to Princess announment last week!

On home page

hit on color blue box with word Buzz down in middle of home page not her blog on right near top right.

Thanks for the Info but don't like playing the waiting game! ;) Isn't it wonderful to live so close to a great Cruise Port? :D I see you sailed on the Mary Day she origanally belonged to my Dad's cousin ( I grew up in Maine) and was named for his wife. Did you know there's a childrens book called Michael and the Mary Day (or something like that) it's a great book. And don't know about you but I can't wait for the Princess booking to open up next Thursday. :)

Very curious.

My guess is an NCL ship. I don't think Carnival will add a 3rd or that RCI or Princess will add another one.

Cool news for Galveston though. I will have to see what airfares look like to Houston instead of Florida.

I'm think NCL, not. When they sailed from Texas, they went from Houston and Houston still has that new empty cruise terminal.

Besides, NCL is pulling a ship from the US to cruise Europe.

I'm think NCL, not. When they sailed from Texas, they went from Houston and Houston still has that new empty cruise terminal.

Besides, NCL is pulling a ship from the US to cruise Europe.

Then HAL? Celebrity? Somehow I can't see those lines leaving from Galveston. Maybe one of the other lines MSC - they've been pretty aggressively expanding.

Thanks for the Info but don't like playing the waiting game! ;) Isn't it wonderful to live so close to a great Cruise Port? :D I see you sailed on the Mary Day she origanally belonged to my Dad's cousin ( I grew up in Maine) and was named for his wife. Did you know there's a childrens book called Michael and the Mary Day (or something like that) it's a great book. And don't know about you but I can't wait for the Princess booking to open up next Thursday. :)

Wow!!!!!!!!

We were on Mary Day with Capt Barry after that.

And we see Barry on spring Elissa sea trials when he returns

to Galveston to Captain.

How exciting it must have been to be around building that ship.We love Maine and have visited there a number of times.

We have friends in Freeport and Blue Hill and love Camden obviously.

I will look up book.

You live in Galveston???? We do!!!

Carnival anouncement?

On home page

While I have heard rumor it could be yet another Carnival ship, I would love to have a Celebrity ship here. Whatever the ship, I would like to see an 11-Day Itinerary that hits the South/East Caribbean.

Well there's been a rumor about Disney moving the Magic to either New York or Galveston for over a year now, they did some kind of survey in 2009 between the two. An announcement is expected later this month. So maybe the 2 announcements are the same! Or maybe wishful thinking hehe. Only time will tell, I'm on the edge of my seat!

Then HAL? Celebrity? Somehow I can't see those lines leaving from Galveston. Maybe one of the other lines MSC - they've been pretty aggressively expanding.

Last year the CEO of MSC denied that they had any interest in Galveston or Bayport, for that matter...

:)

• 4 weeks later...
Verified to me, Disney Magic will sail 12 times out of Galveston on a 7 nighter. Magic is not a small ship she is over 900 feet long. She'll be small compared to Carnival Magic tho.

It is official ... the Disney Magic will be in Galveston from 9/22 through 12/8, 2012. By today's standards, it is a smaller ship ... 1750 passengers, 83,000 gross tons. It's also 13 years old, the first of the Disney fleet. For comparison purposes, the least expensive accommodation will be $840+taxes and fees ... about $1000/pp. That's just over 40% more than we paid for a January cruise on the Voyager of the Seas ... about the average difference between Disney and the other mass-market cruise lines.

The only thing I'm really looking forward to with the Disney Magic is being able to hear her horn! I mean what other Cruise line plays "When you wish upon a Star" as their horn? And I haven't seen this ship yet but don't most Disney Ships have Disney Figures hanging off the bow of the ship? I know the Wonder did in Nassau last year.

Oh and it's not "official" until this afternoon seems a few folks jumped the gun and released it before Disney did! Guess theres a Press conference this afternoon in Houston. (Don't understand why it's in Houston when it should be down here!)

Oh and it's not "official" until this afternoon seems a few folks jumped the gun and released it before Disney did! Guess theres a Press conference this afternoon in Houston. (Don't understand why it's in Houston when it should be down here!)

It was actually the Disney people themselves that "accidentally" leaked the news on their website. After it was posted there, it flew across the web to everyone!

Archived