Parking in Galveston

txtwinmom

Okay, I know I have seen this but just don't have time and energy to go looking for it right now!

What are the two parking businesses in Galveston that cater to the cruise ships? Do either of them offer free parking to disabled veterans?

Okay, I know I have seen this but just don't have time and energy to go looking for it right now!

What are the two parking businesses in Galveston that cater to the cruise ships? Do either of them offer free parking to disabled veterans?

Two of the parking businesses are EZ Park and Light House Parking. We have used EZ Park before both of our cruises and will use them again on our cruise in Oct. I'm sorry but I don't if either place offers free parking for disabled veterans.

Here you go ...

http://www.galveston.com/cruiseparking/

There is no free parking anywhere. They're for-profit businesses ... and if they accommodate one group, others would expect similar compensation. But there are usually discounts for booking online and prepaying. We used Park N' Cruise ... paid $47 for the week. It's right across from the terminal, but there's no shuttle. I dropped my wife and the luggage at the port, drove across the street, and walked back a block or so to the ship. It wasn't a big deal ... but if you're disabled, you might want to park at a lot with shuttle service. There are plenty of them.

We've always used EZ Cruise Parking in Galveston. Four to five days drive-up price is $40 and six to seven days is $55.

Book online and above prices are $5 less.

You'll park in an fenced area just a few blocks from port and shuttle will drop you (and luggage) at cruise terminal.

Actually, there are about 6 parking businesses for cruisers if I remember correctly.

Click here http://www.portofgalveston.com/index.aspx?NID=92 for the only one I know of that offers the discount you seek. The screen shows the acceptable forms of proof for Disabled Vets & Purple Heart Recipients.

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Archived