Carnival Excursions: Book Now, Pay Later

wvliz

I got an email today asking me to book excursions through Carnival ahead of time, and pay later. However, when I go to the website, I can't seem to find out how to do this - it wants me to pay now. Anyone know how to do this?

Am I missing something?

I got an email today asking me to book excursions through Carnival ahead of time, and pay later. However, when I go to the website, I can't seem to find out how to do this - it wants me to pay now. Anyone know how to do this?

Am I missing something?

Definitly sounds new.

I actually like paying for the excursions ahead of time as it reduces the amount/length of the bill they slip under my cabin door the last evening!:D

i've never seen that either...

are you able to copy / paste or otherwise post the email? interesting twist. how do they define 'later' just out of curiosity?

Intersting in the concept that they recently started allowing you to pre-pay tipping at the time of booking; which lets them keep it and earn interest on it. This is just the opposite, which you would think the bean counters wouldn't like.

This is it, no code, nothing. There is a clickable link to recommended excursions, but it just takes you to the usual page for booking them.

or7xvb.jpg

Are there extra penalties I wonder, such as no cancellations or something? This just doesn't sound like "save money at all costs" Carnival.

Intersting in the concept that they recently started allowing you to pre-pay tipping at the time of booking; which let's them keep it and earn interest on it. This is just the opposite, which you would think the bean counters wouldn't like.

yeah i was thinking the same... plus the fact that if there could potentially be more cancellations as there's less of a commitment on the passenger's part, in which they'd have to re-market the same excursions with less time to do so, etc. seems operationally less efficient and averse to how they typically structure their sales...

*headdesk* it is definitely past my bedtime.. hehe...

I'm going to change the name of this thread now before I get something started!!!

:o

Hmm.... or is there not a way to do that????

I'm going to change the name of this thread now before I get something started!!!

You're too late. You only get like 14-15 minutes to edit one of your posts (includng thread and title). At this point, you would have to e-mail one of the hosts to get them to change it.

You're too late. You only get like 14-15 minutes to edit one of your posts (includng thread and title). At this point, you would have to e-mail one of the hosts to get them to change it.

Oh well, I guess people can get a good laugh (at my expense) for this evening! Thanks for the replies, anyway... :D

LOL! sleepy time!

and there is a way to edit thread titles - you need to edit the original post i think, and hit the 'go advanced' button... but you posted almost an hour ago and the option to edit posts expires after about 15 minutes or so. :o

i guess at least we debunked it early? LOL :D

LOL! sleepy time!

and there is a way to edit thread titles - you need to edit the original post i think, and hit the 'go advanced' button... but you posted almost an hour ago and the option to edit posts expires after about 15 minutes or so. :o

i guess at least we debunked it early? LOL :D

Unfortunately, there will be the vulture posters on here who only read the fisrt post or two and will start flamming. WVLIZ, if someone "flames" you for this honest mistake, don't let it deter you. Welcome to Cruise Critic and keep on posting!:) Those people are not worth it and are only a very, very small portion of the members here on Cruise Critic.

We ALL have done that before.

Good Catch!!! This sounds a lot more like Carnival!

yep. my thoughts exactly... :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, there will be the vulture posters on here who only read the fisrt post or two and will start flamming. WVLIZ, if someone "flames" you for this honest mistake, don't let it deter you. Welcome to Cruise Critic and keep on posting!:) Those people are not worth it and are only a very, very small portion of the members here on Cruise Critic.

yeah, you're probably right...

and very sage advice hehe... :rolleyes:

Oh well, I guess people can get a good laugh (at my expense) for this evening! Thanks for the replies, anyway... :D

wvliz, i echo cat's sentiment. honest mistake - and kudos for posting the email, too. no worries. :D

Archived