Medical Emergency on Spirit

jenpan

It was not pretty with the kids. They took over the pool and hot tubs from open to close. Nothing but a pain in the butt.

BTW the airlift person passed away.

Perhaps next time, someone could tell them that they can get STDs and other things that can be caught from being in the pools and hot tubs. That might get them out of there.

My condolences to the family of the person airlifted.

We were running late due to autopilot issue. There are 3 berths at CM but we missed our slot.

Never got a real good explanation.

Per the F&B director the booze pkg was the CEOs idea.we heard theylost money plus the staff did not collect tips.

thanks for update-

How did you know about the change in itinerary?

I am glad that I won't be there with a bunch of drunk spring breakers-

I'm really surprised that they allow an unlimited alcohol pkg

D18 is going with a friend and family-Hope that the bartenders won't serve her

I doubt that the bartenders will be the thing to worry about. It will probably be the other spring breakers sharing drinks.

We were running late due to autopilot issue. There are 3 berths at CM but we missed our slot.

Never got a real good explanation.

Wow.. we were on the week before and had a terrific time with zero issues... I hope you were still able to make the most of your trip..

:confused:

NCL never again. My partner and my first cruise.

Was not impresses with the ship or crew or lack or communication.

Cruise Director Todd or whatever his name is needs to go host game shows on late night cable.

Cruise Director Todd or whatever his name is needs to go host game shows on late night cable.

New cruise director, (Julie who was terrific, got off when we did).. spring break... medical and engine issues... NOT a good first impression of NCL.. I agree with you there!

Hopefully travels in the future are MUCH better for you...

And as long as she doesn't partake at ports....

I actually told her it was OK in Cozumel since she is legal there- she is going on a catamaran snorkel in morning and then to a beach so there won't be alot of time unless the times change

How is it going down there? Crazy??

I actually can totally relate to why you feel this way. This is the reason I probably would never sail on Carnival again and why, if we can avoid it, we don't take vacation during spring break. On Carnival there were drunk people (lots of them) from morning until night.. and they didn't have drink packages. Probably isn't that way on every Carnival cruise, just like it isn't that way on every NCL cruise, but still it left a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm actually surprised that THAT many spring breakers would take a cruise.. wouldn't an All-Inclusive resort suit them better? No bills at the end?

Good thing we went 1st week of March.. don't think we had any spring breakers on the Spirit from 02/27-03/06...

We've been sitting on convention center blvd for 1 hour. New cars can't get in the garage until last passengers leave. People are clogging up the right turn only lane trying to turn left. No traffic control helping control traffic. So far it's been calm. Hopefully well move in another hour. Cheerleading competition is getting out of the convention center. Lots of people walking their bags in to the cruise terminal. Looks like people are coming off with bags.

I'm one of the family members of the passenger that was airlifted. While I wasn't on the ship from what I understand, their actions to change course to facilitate the airlift was them doing all they could do to attempt to save his life. I sincerely thank each of you inconvenienced in this matter for your support. I especially thank the captain and crew for their efforts. I hope everyone arrives safely.

I hope to see him once again in heaven, may he now rest in peace.

So sorry about your loss.

I'm one of the family members of the passenger that was airlifted. While I wasn't on the ship from what I understand, their actions to change course to facilitate the airlift was them doing all they could do to attempt to save his life. I sincerely thank each of you inconvenienced in this matter for your support. I especially thank the captain and crew for their efforts. I hope everyone arrives safely.

so sorry about your loss. I was praying all day that everything would be okay...I hope his last days with his family were all about creating great memories.

I am so sorry for your loss. It's been a crazy day for many today. I hope everyone understands the tremendous loss your family has suffered. May he rest in peace and let perpetual light shine upon him.

I'm so sorry to hear this since DS just told me that he had been informed on board this afternoon that the passenger was stable and doing well.

I'm so sorry to hear this since DS just told me that he had been informed on board this afternoon that the passenger was stable and doing well.

He passed away very early this morning (middle of the night). I am not sure why they would have told passengers he was stable.

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope your family has solace in the fact that he is in a better place.

I just wanted to thank everyone for their support and all of the information sharing over the last couple of days. DD is safely in a hotel across from the airport and is exhausted. She has a 6:05 flight out tomorrow. She won't make it back for classes but she will make it back so all is well. THANK YOU!

We did get parked and they took our luggage. No one is getting into the terminal yet. There is a sea of people waiting. No organization. First problem we've ever had with a cruise. So sorry to hear that the man airlifted did not survive.

Archived