When to buy?? Price fluctuations.

nitab99

I've been watching two cruises for the past few months and the prices fluctuate every couple of weeks, sometimes twice in a week. Both cruises are on May 29, 2011.

The two cruises are:

Carnival Pride 7 days out of Baltimore to Florida and Bahamas

Carnival Glory 6 days out of Norfolk to Bahamas

The lowest I've seen on the Pride was $529 for inside cabin, but when I went on to book it the next day, it was back up to $589 for the inside and now it's $639. Oceanview cabins are only $659 right now. Do the prices usually drop closer to the date, or should I jump on the best price I can find now?

Here are the pride and glory offerings on the pack n go that ended yesterday

Carnival Glory 6 ORF 5/29/2011 Bahamas $569 $599 $679 Carnival

Glory 7 MIA 5/15/2011 Exotic Western Caribbean N/A N/A $729

Carnival Pride 7 BWI 7/10/2011 Port Canaveral & Bahamas $749 N/A $899

I just noticed the Glory date is the date you were watching and wondering why it went up today. Sale over.

Cruise prices are like airline fares....

they change based on demand....

Personally, when I decide to book a cruise, I look at the price. Either I like it and book it...or I don't.

Some people book Early Saver....we do not. (I like having the ability to cancel before the final payment if I want to or make changes etc)....

What's Pack n Go??

PacknGos come out on Carnival's website every Wednesday and are good through Friday.

IF you are flexible about when you can travel and where you want to go...you can find a good deal there.

I’ve booked Early Saver four times out of nine times cruising with CCL. And I’ve had as much as $180.00 OBC when we sail most of the time. We sail in July and I already have $110.00 OBC. If the price goes up it doesn’t matter but if it goes down you get money back. Works for me.

Happy Cruizn Everyone

When you see a deal you have to jump at it or else the next day or next hour that deal may be gone...... I have learned that lessson.

For example: Recently.... The C. Splendor had a deal of $379. per person and I could choose my cabin of Cat.1-A. I have cruised on that ship 6 times so I already know which cabins I like a lot. I booked it right away.

The next day my favorite Cat.1-A cabins were gone... and rates went up.

It was on a Sunday afternoon and my travel agent was not working on that day but my favorite travel agency has lots of travel agents so I just called and had the available agent book my cruise.

Here is some more advise.... If you book the "Saver rate".... try to book the lowest catagory so if rates go down on the windows or balconies...

you will be able to move up and pay a little bit more to have a better cabin. But always book a cabin that you will be happy with.

I alway book way.... in advance.... the early saver rate. If I change my mind about the booked cruise.... I can roll over my money to another cruiseship. I will lose $50. for rolling over my money. So what... I am still below the regular rate. That is how I think.

I don't wait until the last minute because I could get a lousy cabin. Plus, sometimes the rates go up because the only cabins availble sp are the higher priced cabins. That is what I have noticed too.

Some people have some inside info. that I don't have and they get a great deal. But... I like to control what cabin I will be in. I don't believe in the upgrade fairies. They don't know me and I don't know them.lol.

Archived