Cozumel resorts

carnival10

We would like to thank every one who wrote back and gave us information on resorts cozumel. Now we would like to know about grand cayman. Can any one recomend a resort in cayman. thanks carnival10

I gave you the link very early on in this thread to the ports of call boards.. please go there and have a look... this is where your post should have been posted...;)

We were at Paradise Beach two weeks ago. It is a must see! It is beautiful, peaceful. The new pool in beautiful. For $2.00 you can rent a chair and for $12.00 use the kayaks, snorkel gear, pool, trampoline, and all the things in the water to climb on. We rented jet skis, the kids got Henna tattoos and we checked Facebook updates for free. They have two computers at the bar for you to use free of charge. Look them up on Facebook. They have lots of pictures and will answer any question you have. We didn't want to leave. Its only 10 minutes from the pier.

NACHI COCUM!!!!! Hands down. We've been to Chankanaab and while it's great for what it is, it doesn't compare to Nachi, in my opinion (my DH's, too!!).

DSCF0015.jpg

DSCF0017.jpg

DSCF0019.jpg

WOW! Great pics! Thanks!

Okay- all the pictures just sold me on Nachi Cocum! I did a search and there seemed to be quite a bit of different information as how and with who to book it with. Some used Island Marketing Ltd because it had a secure link (they are just a middle man company) while others booked directly with Nachi. Sounded like up until recently, you e-mailed them when and how many and they emailed you a form back with credit card info. Sounded like many were leary doing that. Some people said they didn't charge your credit card for the deposit and Nachi just saved it for no shows. I just went through their link and they must have modernized it. They now accept credit cards and Pay Pal, and they do charge your cc or Pay Pal acct. Just be informed that you can cancel, but no money is refunded. That will just insure you aren't charged for a no show. The only way you can get a refund is if there is a major storm and their facility is closed or if for some reason your ship doesn't make it to Cozumel. The booking and deposit was very easy to do, once I figured out how to switch it from Spanish to English. There is a little drop down box in the top right corner. Was trying to put my very teeny knowledge of Spanish to work, Glad I didn't have to. I used Pay Pal and it was not a problem at all.

here is their link:

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.net/eng/about.cfm

Seeing as how I am cruising in September, there is that chance that maybe this port could be canceled. If I book through Nachi Cocom website and pay, then lets say that port is canceled, they would just refund my money right? I am assuming you would just call. Anyone had this happen before with excursions that you book not through your cruiseline??

Seeing as how I am cruising in September, there is that chance that maybe this port could be canceled. If I book through Nachi Cocom website and pay, then lets say that port is canceled, they would just refund my money right? I am assuming you would just call. Anyone had this happen before with excursions that you book not through your cruiseline??

Lindseylou-if your port is canceled due to weather then yes they will indeed refund your $12 per person. If you go to their website and read the rules it specifically says that. You only deposit $12 pp not the full amount. You pay in cash or travelers check the remainder upon arrival.

Hope that helps.

Hi Everyone

Can you tell me what we should plan on paying for a roundtrip to Paradise Beach. We are sailing with Carnival in June, and there are six of us (2 adults and 4 children) I was hoping they have some kind of group rate rather than charging us $10 each - each way....is the kid rate the same...Any info? :confused:

We are going in a few weeks. This is what we have our choices narrowed down to??

El Cid which is a hotel close to port with no taxi necessary. It is AI and is about $40 pp. There is a nice pool and you are on the ocean, but apparently it is only a small man made beach??

Ocean Beach Club resort which offers an AI for $40 pp plus cab fare. The price also includes a nice beach, pool, snorkelling, kayaks, a few water toys etc. Newer and not as popular yet.

Paradise Beach which is not AI and the menus/prices are available on line. A charge to rent chairs, water toys, equipment, etc. which are reasonable prices. I believe each person is suppose to spend a minimum $10 pp on food/drink. Plus cab fare.

We are going with the kids so are leaning towards an AI, and maybe save paradise for a time we have them. Just can't decide?? We have done Playa Mia in the past and it was crowded.

We have done El Cid. Food and drinks were fine. Pool was nice. However, the entry into the water is treacherous. Good snorkeling there because of the plane that sunk just offshore.

Have you considered Park Royal - their beach is next door to El Cid and is manmade, but a bit nicer. The main hotel is across the street with an underground walkway to the beach club.

Since you will have kids they might enjoy Mr. Sanchos - lots to do and you can do AI or a la carte. Reservations available on beachtoursdotcom for a $5.00 pp deposit.

I think the kids would be bored at Ocean Resort, which is next door to Carlos and Charlies and then Paradise. They would see the water toys at Paradise but not be able to use them.

Archived