Travel Agent

deb4kids

I booked my cruise through Carnival, then switched to TA just to receive a $50 OBC. My cruise isn't until July. How much communication should there be between a TA and their clients? I know I'm not her only client. Just thought she would offer more information of my next steps. I get more information from being on CC, then my TA. Just asking?

I booked my cruise through Carnival, then switched to TA just to receive a $50 OBC. My cruise isn't until July. How much communication should there be between a TA and their clients? I know I'm not her only client. Just thought she would offer more information of my next steps. I get more information from being on CC, then my TA. Just asking?

I would expect is information on when final payment is due to her and to Carnival. I've read many stories of cruises being cancelled because the TA didn't get your final payment to Carnival in time.

I don't think I would expect her to be calling you other than to return your phone calls. If you are wanting to order anything from Bon Voyage or shore excursions or anything like that you will have to do that through her.

Just a suggestion...keep an eye on the price of your cabin yourself. It's unlikely your TA will. Then let TA know about it. Hopefully, s/he will do what's necessary to get the lower price if it goes down.

Just a suggestion...keep an eye on the price of your cabin yourself. It's unlikely your TA will. Then let TA know about it. Hopefully, s/he will do what's necessary to get the lower price if it goes down.

Well, I did notice today on the fareviewer the price of the cabin didn't go down, but it looks like upgrades are available. So, I'm going to send her a copy of the the screen to see if I qualify.

Thanks for the suggestion!!

Hi. Interesting that Carnival let you xfer your bkkg to a TA. I asked Carnival if I could xfer for the obc, travel insurance and bottle of wine that the TA was offering(and Carnival wasn't), but she said ..." Oh no, of course not! I'm doing all the work now. We don't allow that" They are the only lines that ever refused that to me. Other lines have encouaged it so we as customers can get the best deal. They have said we(cruise personnel)do not receive a commision and are happy if we find an additional savings. Did I happen to get a "misinformed" Carnival agent? She was nice, but this surprises me.:confused:

"

Hi. Interesting that Carnival let you xfer your bkkg to a TA. I asked Carnival if I could xfer for the obc, travel insurance and bottle of wine that the TA was offering(and Carnival wasn't), but she said ..." Oh no, of course not! I'm doing all the work now. We don't allow that" They are the only lines that ever refused that to me. Other lines have encouaged it so we as customers can get the best deal. They have said we(cruise personnel)do not receive a commision and are happy if we find an additional savings. Did I happen to get a "misinformed" Carnival agent? She was nice, but this surprises me.:confused:

"

I belive you did get a misinformed PVP. I did make it clear to my PVP that I would be transferring my booking to a TA, because of the OBC. She said, something about paying more to the TA, just to receive the OBC, but the fare is the same. I believe, they both get some type of commission.

I don't think I would expect her to be calling you other than to return your phone calls. If you are wanting to order anything from Bon Voyage or shore excursions or anything like that you will have to do that through her.

You do not have to go through your TA to order Bon Voyage or Shore Excrursions. I am a TA and my clients can do this on Carnivals website. Or by phoning Bon Voyage.

"

that doesnt even sound like something I ever heard. If the PVP books it they get credit for the booking and dont lose it if you transfer to a TA I was told.

You only have 30 days to transfer so you might have waited too long ... I just cant imagine a PVP talking like that. something sounds odd to me.

• 3 weeks later...

thx for response. No, I was not too late: she told me that the day I booked with her and asked to xfer to TA for the perks since Carnival couldn't offer them. I also told her that I had not experienced that response from a cruiseline b4; my experience had been that cruiselines encouraged it 'cuz they wanted customers to have the most they could receive! I just didn't figure it was worth fighting...I wanted a no stress experience!

that doesnt even sound like something I ever heard. If the PVP books it they get credit for the booking and dont lose it if you transfer to a TA I was told.

You only have 30 days to transfer so you might have waited too long ... I just cant imagine a PVP talking like that. something sounds odd to me.

thx for response. No, I was not too late: she told me that the day I booked with her and asked to xfer to TA for the perks since Carnival couldn't offer them. I also told her that I had not experienced that response from a cruiseline b4; my experience had been that cruiselines encouraged it 'cuz they wanted customers to have the most they could receive! I just didn't figure it was worth fighting...I wanted a no stress experience!

Another odd response. Since Carnival does not allow discounting, even perks would be under the table. Carnival would not encourage anything that the TA takes out of their commission to pay for to get your booking.

You could have still transferred and if you wanted to do it, just do it before the 30 days was up.

PS Carnival has not allowed discounting as long as I have been on CC, so even years ago, it was under the table. Carnival has never condoned or encouraged TAs to take money out of their commision to give anyone perks or a discount.

Thx again for enlightening me.(this is sincere, not sarcastic:)) Although I have not gone through a TA for a Carnival cruise b4, I was not aware of their policy for refusing discounted cruises.(and I probably should have been aware of the 30 day change policy, but I wasn't told this and did not read it) My TA experience has been thru other cruiselines, which DO encourage it as the cruiseline's agents receive the same pay either way. Therefore, to have their patrons receive perks(from whomever)is a customer friendly approach. Of my 42 cruises, my experience from most cruiselines has been that their agents were happy to see us receive any additional obc, discount or perks; as their main objective was to obtain/retain our business as their passenger. Now that I have been made aware, I will go with a TA for any future Carnival cruises. Thank you.

(

Another odd response. Since Carnival does not allow discounting, even perks would be under the table. Carnival would not encourage anything that the TA takes out of their commission to pay for to get your booking.

You could have still transferred and if you wanted to do it, just do it before the 30 days was up.

PS Carnival has not allowed discounting as long as I have been on CC, so even years ago, it was under the table. Carnival has never condoned or encouraged TAs to take money out of their commision to give anyone perks or a discount.

Archived