Glacier point

believer33323

Could you please clarify your question?

The Glacier Point Wilderness Safari is an excursion out of Skagway.

http://glacierpointsafari.com/ncl.html

Forgive me, it's our first cruise and never been to Alaska before. The crusie intinerary states that one day we would be cruising the Glacier Bay. I was wondering if taking the Glacier Point Wilderness Safari would be redundant.

Forgive me, it's our first cruise and never been to Alaska before. The crusie intinerary states that one day we would be cruising the Glacier Bay. I was wondering if taking the Glacier Point Wilderness Safari would be redundant.

I was wondering if you are asking about Glacier Bay, but didn't want to make an assumption. Thanks for clearing it up.

The Safari and your day at Glacier Bay will be very different experiences. If you read the link I sent you, it describes the excursion from Skagway. Overall, people speak very highly of it. It is expensive, but if it appeals to you, I am sure you would have a great time. Check out posts 6 and 7 of the thread below to see if it appeals to you. If not, check out the train/bus combo trips. If you like scenery, it is another great option for Skayway. We went with Chilkoot Tours. They were excellent. Here is the link for the Glacier Safari:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=625196&highlight=jktriplets+you+out+there

Glacier Bay will your day in awe!!! Get up early and be out on deck or in a good interior viewing area before you scheduled time to start viewing Glacier Bay. It is such a magnificent sailing day..you will be surrounded by beautiful views the whole day. I felt like I was in paradise!!! That big cruise ship sailing through the quite wilderness of the bay....what a day it was!!!!

Feel free to ask any other questions you may have. I know how overwhelming that first trip to Alaska can be. There is so much to learn and discover about this beautiful state. It is good to do your research to be sure you get to see and do the things you will like to do. Don't get too caught up in everyone's recommendations (including mine). We all have different interests.

Thank You for the wealth of information. I think I will be making a good choice.

You are very welcome. Enjoy the planning, enjoy the cruise, and enjoy Alaska!!!

I went in 2008 and am FINALLY going back this summer. Didn't know if we could swing it or not, but it is really happening, and I couldn't be happier. It has been my favorite vacation destination ever. This year we are on the 14 day HAL itinerary and I am so excited to be visiting many new ports and a new glacier!!

Anyone have any input on the Glacier Point Wilderness safari? Looks good but do you see more than on the Ship???

Hi, We did this excursion on our last visit and enjoyed it, except for the wall of mosquitos (early June) at the staging area while getting our boots on. Got up close to the glacier and got some nice pictures of it. On trip back got very close up to sea lions (30-50 of them on the rocks).

Archived