Grand Turk Nathans Golf Carts

swimgirl1

Thank you all for the information. I have contacted Nathan and am going to rent a cart for our cruise in June. I will go into it knowing that my cart may not be perfect. I however am used to riding a cart under not ideal conditions. We live in the middle of a national forest and our Grandchidlren sometimes use our cart as they would their 4 wheelers! We have had a very muddy cart as well as a broken axle so think I will be just fine with his rentals!

I read in a post where someone took a van to his rental shop. My husband has a few mobility issues so wondered how to "catch" that van??

What method did you use to contact him? I sent an email several weeks ago & never got a reply. Thanks

I emailed him yesterday evening and received a reply this morning around 5 a.m. Maybe you should try the email again.

I agree. I'm sorry... I don't know about the Van. The pier is very long in Grand Turk from what I understand. Nathan's is right outside the cruise center. I don't know how long of a walk that is, but I would think that they have a transport service for people with mobility.

• 2 months later...
After reading all the posts, I still can't decide if it's worth spending the 80- for a Nathan golf cart! :confused:

Seems like pluses and minuses are balancing each other out.

Michael

Just did GT Tuesday and had a cart rented from Nat. We had a great time and happy we did it, but probably will not do it again when we go back in November as there is plenty to do right around the ship too.

After reading all the posts, I still can't decide if it's worth spending the 80- for a Nathan golf cart! :confused:

Seems like pluses and minuses are balancing each other out.

Michael

If you like to explore and be on your own time, DO IT!!! W had the best time ever!! We had the lighthouse to ourselves until a big tour team pulled up! We met many of the locals and they pointed out great things to explore. We had churches, hidden beaches and roads to ourselves. We even had a few hours left to enjoy the beach at Jack's Shack!! I would go it again in a heartbeat!!

Oh no. Were you able to buy dog food for them? I do animal rescue and can't imagine seeing starving dogs and not feeding them. Were there grocery stores around?

We're animal people too and I thought they all looked pretty good. The donkey's were really healthy looking. I have thoroughbred horses and was worried that I would want to take the donkeys all home or subsidize feeding them, but their coats looked nice and their haunches were rounded. Either they're finding enough food or someone is feeding them. The dogs weren't wild looking and had a good social order, so again, I think there must be an animal welfare contingent on the island. :)

PS: to the poster questioning whether to rent or not. If you do rent, you might be disappointed by what you see, but you'll know what the island is like. That's why we did it. We weren't interested in sitting at the beach (we live at the beach) or drinking all day, so although we didn't have a "blast", I'm glad we did it.

Edited by 5326jan

Just did GT Tuesday and had a cart rented from Nat. We had a great time and happy we did it, but probably will not do it again when we go back in November as there is plenty to do right around the ship too.

That is my thought too..So glad we did it though..it was a great time!!

What did you do using the golf carts? Where did you go? What did you see? Was it easy to nagivate around the island? Thanks. We are doing this in March.

Debbie - Nathan will give you a map but you really don't need it. We just followed the main road all the way down to the lighthouse. When you are at the lighthouse, walk down towards the water and you'll be rewarded with incredible views. We found the area very easy to navigate and we had a blast. We saw the horses and donkeys with their babies. The views when you are driving along the other side of the island are incredible.

What about filling up the tank with gas - were there gas stations throughout the island? Anybody know the cost of gasoline on Grand Turk?

Thanks!

Liz

As long as the tank is over 1/2 you don't have to put gas in it. We rode all the way to the light house down some side roads and a couple different beaches with 4 adults. We did not have to add any gas.

This sounds great! I'll be on the Carnival Splendor late July.

Is it safe to park the golf-cart while going to the beach for a while?

Are the streets crowded?

Thanks--

Lisa

1). Yes, just take the key with you

2). No, you will probably meet more free range animals than people, I know we did!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so I have been planning on renting a couple of golf carts from Nathan's. I'm starting to question whether this is a good choice, because on another thread the last few reviews have been negative. A couple of different people posted that their carts were in terrible condition and broke down, ect. Does anyone have any recent reviews of the golf carts.

Okay so I have been planning on renting a couple of golf carts from Nathan's. I'm starting to question whether this is a good choice, because on another thread the last few reviews have been negative. A couple of different people posted that their carts were in terrible condition and broke down, ect. Does anyone have any recent reviews of the golf carts.

We were there on Jan. 15 and the cart we had was fine. We saw several others running around the island and at the different stops we made. All seemed to be running good.

Hi Everyone, I did receive an email back from Nathan. He said that he's been in business for 15 years with the golf carts and from time to time he does have trouble with one of them. He also said that he has never charged more than $80 for a golf cart unless it's brought back without the gas being replaced, then he adds $10. He said that sometimes people will take a cart all day and then bring it back and say that they didn't have a good time or the cart was bad and tell him they don't want to pay. He said that he gives them his number and if they have problems they can call him right away and he will try to make it right.

Understand that I am only relaying his email, not making judgments. I haven't used him or had personal experience. I have read great comments and recently some negative comments. Loucat and Oldjerseycruiser obviously did not have great experiences with him or the carts.

We still plan to use the cart in March when we are there, so I'll write back my own review then. Until then, I hope that we'll see more people review. I wonder if he gets a lot of CC traffic, or if most of his business comes from "walk ups" from the ships?

***Anyone who will have experience with Nathan in the next few weeks/months, please post your experience!*** TIA

We will be trying Nathan's April 1st. So I will report back on how it goes as well. I've been to Grand Turk a few times now and never even heard of this rental. So we're excited to try something new (Margaritaville junkies):rolleyes:.

I especially want to try that hole in the wall Reagal Beagle and go to Jack's Shack. My lil sis is an aspiring model, was I'm excited to be able to find little nooks and crannies for her to take photos. ALSO, to be able for us to stop whenever we please.

:)All the info, photos and maps have been of great help! Thanks so much. I hope to have something positive to contribute when we return.

• 2 weeks later...
What about filling up the tank with gas - were there gas stations throughout the island? Anybody know the cost of gasoline on Grand Turk?

Thanks!

Liz

There's a gas station across the street from the Clocktower which is on the main road to the lighthouse. In the middle of town.

As I stated earlier - I was on the Carnvial Breeze - due to be in Grand Turk on 2/16 and rented a golf cart from Nathan.

We missed the port.

I have emailed him 4 times and called and talked to him 2 times - still no credit back.

Just a FYI

We will be trying Nathan's April 1st. So I will report back on how it goes as well. I've been to Grand Turk a few times now and never even heard of this rental. So we're excited to try something new (Margaritaville junkies):rolleyes:.

I especially want to try that hole in the wall Reagal Beagle and go to Jack's Shack. My lil sis is an aspiring model, was I'm excited to be able to find little nooks and crannies for her to take photos. ALSO, to be able for us to stop whenever we please.

:)All the info, photos and maps have been of great help! Thanks so much. I hope to have something positive to contribute when we return.

I was on the 2/16 cruise with Donna and had a cart reserved with Nathan as well. So far I have yet to receive a refund despite having been told that it had been done. When looking at cc statement today I noticed something a little odd, the charge was made on 2/11 at 2:34 pm, exactly 31 minutes after I spoke with Nathan and getting his assurance that the card would not be charged until we get there. Funny a charge can show up that quick, yet it takes over a month to refund ( even 72 hours)

It seems Nathan has either become complacent in his dealings or has lost his drive, either way it seems he is on a downward spiral and does not care. Please be aware.

I was on the 2/16 cruise with Donna and had a cart reserved with Nathan as well. So far I have yet to receive a refund despite having been told that it had been done. When looking at cc statement today I noticed something a little odd, the charge was made on 2/11 at 2:34 pm, exactly 31 minutes after I spoke with Nathan and getting his assurance that the card would not be charged until we get there. Funny a charge can show up that quick, yet it takes over a month to refund ( even 72 hours)

It seems Nathan has either become complacent in his dealings or has lost his drive, either way it seems he is on a downward spiral and does not care. Please be aware.

Well the charge was finally returned. Based on this and other reports, be aware. Good luck, and have a nice cruise.