Anyone else get sick on Crown Princess Mar 5-12 Western Carib?

bronski

I became ill with acute gastro symptoms on day 6. At the medical centre the next day (after the most miserable night I've ever spent), the nurse indicated to me that there were others and the common denominator seemed to be the ship's excursion in Cozumel to Tulum Ruins and Beach in which we were served a 'box lunch'. She said it seemed that it was everyone who ate the beans (as I did) who was experiencing illness.

I was put in isolation, couldn't go to our last port (Bahamas) and was in danger of not being able to disembark with everyone and catch my plane.

Incidentally, does anyone know what they would have done if I had not recovered in time for my 24hr isolation to be completed by disembarkation?

The irony is that I did not eat any food on islands or excursions that we arranged independently but thought the ship's excursion was safe! uh - no.

This happened to me several years ago on a Princess 2-day excursion to Israel. Several people on our bus came down with a violent gastro intestinal upset within 24 hours of our last lunch in Israel. We were in Cairo the next day when I got sick... it was awful because I had a 3-hour bus ride back to the ship to endure and as you may know, all the buses arrive at the same time so there are huge lines to re-embark. The Princess rep on our bus took me to the front of the line and I literally ran to my cabin. The ships nurse stopped by 15 minutes later and gave me a shot and medications. That was a Sunday. I was in bed until Wednesday with the nurse stopping by a couple of times a day and the HAZMAT squad cleaning my cabin daily. I stayed in my cabin voluntarily on Thursday since I still felt awful. We disembarked in Venice the next day and went directly to our hotel (my sister and BIL were equally sick) and we each fell into bed for the rest of the day, getting up to share one bowl of spaghetti between the three of us. It was absolutely awful and effectively ruined my cruise.

"Stuff" happens and no matter where you are, anything is possible.

This happened to me several years ago on a Princess 2-day excursion to Israel. Several people on our bus came down with a violent gastro intestinal upset within 24 hours of our last lunch in Israel. We were in Cairo the next day when I got sick... it was awful because I had a 3-hour bus ride back to the ship to endure and as you may know, all the buses arrive at the same time so there are huge lines to re-embark. The Princess rep on our bus took me to the front of the line and I literally ran to my cabin. The ships nurse stopped by 15 minutes later and gave me a shot and medications. That was a Sunday. I was in bed until Wednesday with the nurse stopping by a couple of times a day and the HAZMAT squad cleaning my cabin daily. I stayed in my cabin voluntarily on Thursday since I still felt awful. We disembarked in Venice the next day and went directly to our hotel (my sister and BIL were equally sick) and we each fell into bed for the rest of the day, getting up to share one bowl of spaghetti between the three of us. It was absolutely awful and effectively ruined my cruise.

"Stuff" happens and no matter where you are, anything is possible.

I sincerely hope this wasn't the cruise where your bathroom wasn't working properly! That would be the perfect storm...

I sincerely hope this wasn't the cruise where your bathroom wasn't working properly! That would be the perfect storm...
No, thank goodness :) Absolutely nothing worse than being violently sick on a long bus ride. :( The Princess rep on the bus was fantastic and helped me at risk of getting sick himself. I was practically passed out most of the ride.

No, thank goodness :) Absolutely nothing worse than being violently sick on a long bus ride. :( The Princess rep on the bus was fantastic and helped me at risk of getting sick himself. I was practically passed out most of the ride.

I have been in similar predicaments and both you and the OP have my heartfelt sympathy!

A friend of mine was on this cruise. It was her first cruise and on the second day she had severe stomach pains. She visited the doctor and was told she had a kidney infection. She was given an antibiotic and felt just so-so for the rest of the cruise.

Archived