can you help ?

wharton450

Kids club for 4 year old on the Ventura......any good ?

If you search "kids club on ventura" using the search engine on this site you will find 74 threads which should answer your question. As the ship has been designed, built and advertised for families with kids, I think that the answer is simple.

Just a couple of things, are their hair dryers in the rooms ?

My partner is terrified of being sea sick, any suggestions ?

Kids club for 4 year old on the Ventura......any good ?

Many thanks

Welcome to the forum, the kids club is one of the best at sea, open from 9pm until 10.30pm (and beyond in school holidays) the staff are fantastic well trained and the only problem you will have is dragging your little one away to go ashore, the rest of the time you won't see them.:)

Childrens club has a creche with netted off outdoor area. Lots of staff who will look after your child.

Under 5s can use the night nursery which is fantastic. Take your child down to the night nursery, preferably asleep and the staff will baby sit while you enjoy yourself. They'll page you if there are any problems

For seasickness..........

- If prone to travel/sea sickness then make sure you pack the remedy you usually use. Start taking before boarding and following instructions. Generally by the end of the first day or 2 they won't be needed.

- If preferring alternative remedies then herbal/homepathic remedies are available (sometimes onboard in the 'essentials' shop) or there are patches or accupressure wristbands available in holiday section of supermarkets/chemists. Some herbal remedies and wristbands are also usually available onboard.

- Some people swear by the benefits of ginger when travelling - certainly worked for my mum on the Weymouth-St Malo seacat (far rougher than the ships I've been on). You can either take ginger biscuits, crystallised ginger or even ginger tablets onboard or buy the little cans of dry ginger ale onboard.

- Finally, if all else fails, it is possible to visit the medical centre and be given an injection that will help (followed up by a small number of tablets for continued coverage). Not needed it for myself so price is only a guide but is about £70 for consultation, injection and tablets.

Finding somewhere that you can see the horizon and sit comfortably and quietly can also help a lot of people.

Feebee_71

Archived