Senior Trip

mkfan87

My friends and I are graduating high school this coming June and we want to plan a cruise during the summer. Most of us will be 18 except for a few who are still 17. I was wondering if we need to have a adult along with us or can we go on our own. I read somewhere that you need to have an adult +25 if all the other people in the group are under 21. Can someone please confirm this?

It depends on the cruise line, but most require you to be 21 or older to cruise and if you're not 21, you need someone age 25 or older in each room. You must also have a notorized letter from both parents giving the "adults" traveling with you permission to make decisions for you if an emergency happens. If you don't have those letters, you will be denied boarding and you lose all your money as they don't give refunds. No cruise line will allow anyone 17 to travel without a parent or guardian. Disney and Princess allow 18 year olds to cruise, but again, the ones who are 17 will need a parent or guardian traveling with them.

Archived