Dive operator in Grand Turk

PAcop141

Anyone have info on a dive operator in GT other than Blue Water Divers. They will not take a single diver anymore and have raised thier rates compared to other islands in the Caribbean. $150 for a 2 tank dive is quite a bit when the normal rate is 80-95 for a 2 tank dive. To bad they have changed thier rates and policies as I have recommended them previously to people. Thanks for any info.

Try http://www.gtdiving.com. They are very close to the cruise terminal-by the Local Village beach bar. They do snorkeling & diving trips for cruise passengers & are not tied into the cruise liners so you should be able to book something with them if you contact them in advance, though not sure if they take single divers either. I haven't tried them myself but came across them whilst doing research for my visit in April.

Lesley

We did and both times were very happy with the entire experience. Last time we were in GT was January this year. We dive in everyport and where it fits we use CCL otherwise we book direct. In GT Oasis has there boat beside the ship a very short walk down the beach. Very nice wall dive insight of the ship. We had maybe eight/ten people with us each time. We bring all of our own gear since you never know what you will get when renting. We heard no complaints from anyone regarding the gear it was very well used don`t expect to much. Their house reef is loaded with fish very easy diving 30' down to the top of the wall then hundreds of feet straight down.

Thank you SO much... we are bringing our own gear also so I'm not worried about that. We booked through CCL in Grand Turk and St. Thomas. Kinda wishing we'd done western as opposed to eastern Caribbean but I am looking forward to the wall dive.

8-10 people on the boat would be nice.

Thanks!

Enjoy your cruise!

We did St.Thomas once with CCL never again. We were taken to Coki beach along with the discover folks. Our dive was at their house reef. A walk in shallow dive over dead coral with very little fish. Worst Caribbean dive sight I have been to. I can only speak of the day I was there. Maybe other days they take to you another place or things have gotten better. It has been three years since that dive so there is hope. :D

WOW.. They still offer the Coki Beach dive. We considered it for all of 2 seconds and moved on as we've learned we are not big fans of beach dives. (My husband has this thing about lots of sand... LOL)

You make me glad we didn't book it!!!!!!! We are doing a boat dive offered by CCL in St. Thomas.. Hopefully they take us somewhere nice and I can report back better then what you're describing... and if not, lesson learned and we will look to an independent next time....

Thanks again!

Don`t assume all beach dive are lame. One of the best dive places I have ever seen is Curacao. The Dive Bus for one has a house reef that is amazing! :D

Have a wonderful cruise!!

• 7 months later...

Hey G.C.

We're trying to figure out where various snorkel operators take you in Grand Turk. you mention Oasis's house reef and also going to the wall. I know what the "wall" is - or is there more than one place to go to the wall? Was the Oasis tour a cruise ship one? Have you heard of Horseshoe Reef or Round Cay - those are two places our Princess ship name on excursion. Anything you can tell us would be helpful.

Where the ship docks there is a wall that runs along the coast drops hundreds of feet not really sure how far down. So yes the wall is not just one place it runs a long way. You go over the top in about 30' of water and even with the excellant water clarity no bottom in sight almost straight down. Tons of fish and coral very nice easy dive.

I have never done a snorkel excursion here. I have seen ship`s excursions take to a shallow reef beside the ship the opposite side of where the diving takes place. This reef was only a couple of hundred yards from the ship sorry I don`t know the name. One word of caution I have seen a pretty strong current on this side of the island running south to north up the coast. I have gone snorkeling on the other side of the island with friends again can`t provide any names of the location it was very nice. The island is very small with little to outside of the port area other that getting wet. As small and safe as this island is I have felt very safe everywhere we went.

Archived