to bring pack and play or use the ships?

pixiexkp

we are going on a 5 night cruise in april with our 8 month old. should i bring my own pack and play or use the ships? i should add that the baby sleeps with me every night so I'm not even sure if he would sleep in a pack and play. but i'm hoping that the movement of the ship and the constant entertainment will make him want to sleep in his own bed.

I would use theirs (we have never had a problem with them) but certainly practice having him sleep in one at home since he isnt used to one yet. The small cabin surrounded by people probably isnt the best place to experiment with new sleeping arrangements ;)

Last time we used the ships but we brought our own sheets since in some places they use a regular sheet folded instead of a pack n play sheet.

I wouldn't lug it if you don't have to bring it. We have to bring ours this time because our little one will be just over 2 so they won't guarantee us a pack n play and I am not chancing not having a place for her to sleep.

Agreed, I would use the one provided on the ship and just bring your own sheet(s). Never had one that was particularly dirty, but we always give them a good wipe down before using.

Also, would definitely have the baby used to sleeping in a pack n' play before trying it on vacation :eek:

We will be travelling aboard the Explorer of the Seas with our baby (she'll be 21 months at sailing), do we need to request a pack and play crib or do they automatically provide them for infants?

We have always requested them in advance through our travel agent. Sometimes they are in the cabin when we get there other times we have had to "remind" the cabin steward that we need one.

Glad to hear that others have had positive experiences with the ship provided pack n play. Because we can drive to the port, we have brought ours with us on our cruise. I downside to doing so is that, while we can check it in with our luggage at embarkation, we have to carry it off with us at disembarkation. (Otherwise, where would our little one sleep on the last night?) The upside to bringing our own pack n play is that we have the use of the changing table that came with it. Even though we bring our own, the ship still puts a pack n play in the room on the 1st day and none of them have had a changing table.

Archived