Luggage Valet Program in FLL?

Shirley C

Does anyone know if Celebrity is still offering the "luggage valet" program in Ft. Lauderdale? They had this program a couple of years ago where you paid extra, and when you put your luggage out the night before disembarkation, you didn't see it again until you were at your home airport. It was great and well worth what you had to pay not to have to deal with your luggage at all until you were home. It wasn't offered on our Alaska cruise last year, but I'm hoping they still have it in FLL. Anyone know??

Luggage Valet was offered when we disembarked Solstice in FLL last Sunday. I can't remember all of the airlines, but did notice both Delta and AirTran were included.

That is great news. Now I just have to hope American Airlines is one of the ones participating. Thanks for your help.

We were on the March 6 Solstice voyage and Southwest is no longer a participant - we were very disappointed as we were then stuck with our luggae at the airport for 4 hours. Celebrity said there had been "some issues" when I asked the folks at Guest Services on board about it.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/whyceleb/heroSingleTxtSub.do?pagename=outstanding_service

Would be nice on our upcoming Solstice cruise but we're staying over one night after we get back to port.

Thanks for the link, and thanks everyone for your responses. One less thing to worry about and I agree with all of you -- the best $20 anyone could spend!!

We were on the March 6 Solstice voyage and Southwest is no longer a participant - we were very disappointed as we were then stuck with our luggae at the airport for 4 hours. Celebrity said there had been "some issues" when I asked the folks at Guest Services on board about it.

Weird, we disembarked on March 11 and used it for Southwest with no issued from the Equinox.

Weird, we disembarked on March 11 and used it for Southwest with no issued from the Equinox.

We sail the Connie out of FLL on April 9, getting back on April 23, and we were hoping to be able to use the service. Our Southwest flight doesn't leave until 5:25 PM, and we would prefer to not have to lug our bags everywhere we go once off the ship.

I've read that sometimes it's almost a ship-by-ship or cruise-by-cruise decision on whether or not the service will be offered. I guess we'll just have to hope for the best!

Thanks for everyone's input!

~Lynn

We sail the Connie out of FLL on April 9, getting back on April 23, and we were hoping to be able to use the service. Our Southwest flight doesn't leave until 5:25 PM, and we would prefer to not have to lug our bags everywhere we go once off the ship.

I've read that sometimes it's almost a ship-by-ship or cruise-by-cruise decision on whether or not the service will be offered. I guess we'll just have to hope for the best!

Thanks for everyone's input!

~Lynn

When we've had a similar schedule we've rented a car for the day with shuttle pickup at the cruise terminal. We just cart our luggage around in the car and do a little shopping and lunch on the beach in Ft. Lauderdale before heading to the airport.

We were on the 5:25 SWA flight to PHL on 3/12. Ft. Lauderdale airport was a nightmare! SWA did not participate with the "bags to go" through Celebrity. We took cab to airport,he dropped us off on lower level at SWA counter. The lines were terrible and we were told we could not check in until 1 o'clock. We then went to check bags @ $6 per bag,but that was at opposite end of terminal...long walk. When it was time to check in we had to retrieve bags and then go to SWA to check in....another long walk! This was all on lower level and planes are boarded on upper level. There were 8 ships, including Oasis, in port. This may have contributed to crowds but next year if there are that many ships in port we may stay another day and leave when there are not so many people trying to leave town. As was written above there was not even enough seats at gates. I don't know if early departures would be better or worse but getting to airport around 9 was very crowded. (We did not stay at airport, we were picked up by friends and went into Ft. Lauderdale until 3 o'clock.)

We were on the 5:25 SWA flight to PHL on 3/12. Ft. Lauderdale airport was a nightmare! SWA did not participate with the "bags to go" through Celebrity. We took cab to airport,he dropped us off on lower level at SWA counter. The lines were terrible and we were told we could not check in until 1 o'clock. We then went to check bags @ $6 per bag,but that was at opposite end of terminal...long walk. When it was time to check in we had to retrieve bags and then go to SWA to check in....another long walk! This was all on lower level and planes are boarded on upper level. There were 8 ships, including Oasis, in port. This may have contributed to crowds but next year if there are that many ships in port we may stay another day and leave when there are not so many people trying to leave town. As was written above there was not even enough seats at gates. I don't know if early departures would be better or worse but getting to airport around 9 was very crowded. (We did not stay at airport, we were picked up by friends and went into Ft. Lauderdale until 3 o'clock.)

We're also taking that same flight to Philly, so I guess I know what we're looking at...we have friends that are staying on for a few days, so we can always hang out with them for a few hours, then head to the airport...I originally had the 11:05 AM flight booked (coming back the day before Easter), then got very nervous about whether we'd be able to make it, so changed to the 5:25 PM...probably a good thing, despite the problems you had... we wanted to be home for Easter, so staying an extra day wasn't an option for us.

Thanks!

Archived