Nassau vs Freeport

AandBmom

Our cruise has us in each port for a day. I've been reading posts on here like crazy and honestly I'm overwhelmed about making a plan for my family (DH, myself, sons 5yrs and 7yrs and an infant).

I've pretty much ruled out Atlantis (too expensive and we live near Marineland so we can see aquariums anytime). Also, we have waterslides on our ship and with my kids being so young the ones on the ship are plenty big enough to keep them amused.

I'm considering doing one beach day and one day of looking around and seeing anything interesting. We will shop a little but my guys get bored easily shopping. We will likely only stay in port a few hours given the ages of our kids. We may grab a light snack or drink in port but it makes most sense to us to eat meals on the ship.

Which port would be better for a beach day and which one is better for exploring?

I've been able to find some suggestions for things to do in Nassau (the Ardastra Zoo, look at the Forts and the staircase, etc). I can't seem to find as much info on Freeport. Is there a resort in Freeport that would be a good place to hang out and use the beach/pools for part of the day?

Is one port better/easier to navigate with a baby than the other?

Any suggestions anyone can offer would be much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say Freeport would be the best choice for a beach day. There are much more options in Nassau for sight-seeing. The easiest option in Freeport would be the Lucaya area. The taxis will drop you off near the marketplace and you can just take a short walk over to one of the resorts. You can get a day pass that will let you use their facilities and beach if you want.

You'd asked about Junkanoo beach club in another thread. That's on Taino beach, which is not far from the Port Lucaya Marketplace. It's a beautiful area, and will probably be a bit quieter than the Lucaya area itself. At least, based on my experience.

Hope that helps!

Archived