Cruz Bay

Piper77

After some great information on this forum, I'lll be taking the Red Hook ferry over to St.John when I dock in St. Thomas. We are in St. Thomas from 7 - 6 and I'm trying to understand what to do over in Cruz Bay. I'm not sure if we want to make it a full beach day at Trunk Bay (we're also doing the Baths and Antigua on the cruise) but I'm not clear on what else there is to do. Anyone have any suggestions? We'll be visiting Mongoose Junction.

I've already done St. Thomas once so while we are not big snorkelers or anything we still wanted to check out a new island.

Any help is appreciated!

Cruz Bay itself is pretty small - you can walk across it in about five minutes, but there are some things you can do there to occupy your time.

You mentioned that you'd be going to Mongoose Junction - that's as good a place as any to start. There are a number of stores and restaurants there, so you can window shop and/or do the real thing! You may want to wander over to the Wharfside shopping complex, which is right next to the ferry dock.

There are a lot of food/shopping options, so you may not want to eat/buy at the first place you see!

Depending on when you go, they may or may not have the renovation of the park completed - if they do there will be a few local craft vendors set up there and park benches in the shade that make a nice place to sit and people watch.

There the Virgin Islands National Park building that is across the street from Mongoose Junction, you might want to take a walk over there and look around inside.

If you find yourself with more time on your hands than you want to spend in Cruz Bay, you could arrange an island tour with any of the local taxis that will be abundant on the road in front of the ferry dock.

After some great information on this forum, I'lll be taking the Red Hook ferry over to St.John when I dock in St. Thomas. We are in St. Thomas from 7 - 6 and I'm trying to understand what to do over in Cruz Bay. I'm not sure if we want to make it a full beach day at Trunk Bay (we're also doing the Baths and Antigua on the cruise) but I'm not clear on what else there is to do. Anyone have any suggestions? We'll be visiting Mongoose Junction.

I've already done St. Thomas once so while we are not big snorkelers or anything we still wanted to check out a new island.

Any help is appreciated!

we were not thrilled about the little town area of cruz bay, a little of our frustration probably came from lack of parking. but the shopping wasn't there either. the whole island plays to a more upscale clientele, very evident. try to schedule a bus tour around he island the veiws are unbeleivable. almost the entire island is a National park. there are some interesting ruins and Caneel Bay resort is the oringinal homestead of Rockerfeller who once owned the island and donate the land to the Us parks!

Archived