Dogster: The Azamara Army

dogster

What a fascinating bunch of comments. All feedback is welcome to me. It is a forum, after all. Putting the piece in here was kinda Daniel in the lion’s den in the first place so I assumed some corrective replies.

Interestingly, you are interpreting what I wrote as an attack. I don’t see it as that at all. I see it as mere observation; more a subtle love letter than abuse. Unfortunately, I failed to check my critical faculties in at the door. This is what I saw, this is who I met, this is what happened, this what I thought - that's all. No agenda other than that. I had a perfectly fine – if rather surreal time on board. I have, after all, spent a total of 57 nights onboard Quest and Journey over seven cruises – so I scarcely think it’s horrible.

But faced with my truth or your preference for me to prevaricate, I’m afraid my truth won out. I didn’t make this stuff up. Events of the connoisseur dinner are pure reportage. I ran the first draft of that chapter past six of the other guests to check. They demanded I use their real names. There aren’t any imaginary characters. I couldn’t make these people up if I tried.

Feedback is good. Really, it’s great that you respond, even if it’s only to tell me what a cruel curmudgeon I actually am. I’m delighted Cruise Critic decided to run with this. I wasn't sure they would...

What a fascinating bunch of comments. All feedback is welcome to me. It is a forum, after all. Putting the piece in here was kinda Daniel in the lion’s den in the first place so I assumed some corrective replies.

Interestingly, you are interpreting what I wrote as an attack. I don’t see it as that at all. I see it as mere observation; more a subtle love letter than abuse. Unfortunately, I failed to check my critical faculties in at the door. This is what I saw, this is who I met, this is what happened, this what I thought - that's all. No agenda other than that. I had a perfectly fine – if rather surreal time on board. I have, after all, spent a total of 57 nights onboard Quest and Journey over seven cruises – so I scarcely think it’s horrible.

But faced with my truth or your preference for me to prevaricate, I’m afraid my truth won out. I didn’t make this stuff up. Events of the connoisseur dinner are pure reportage. I ran the first draft of that chapter past six of the other guests to check. They demanded I use their real names. There aren’t any imaginary characters. I couldn’t make these people up if I tried.

Feedback is good. Really, it’s great that you respond, even if it’s only to tell me what a cruel curmudgeon I actually am. I’m delighted Cruise Critic decided to run with this. I wasn't sure they would...

Dogster

to quote Jim Jones...................

Time to drink the Kool Aid.......................

Agreed. I think only a smelly jungle suicide would be punishment enough for my crimes of opinion. Actually, I've done the Cruise Critic equivalent by putting the piece in here.

So, I guess you're all really looking forward to Part Two, then? lol lol lol.

So, "inquiring minds", which character was I on Mr. Dogster's cruise?

Was I the tremulous Lee of the Tragic Singles? or the would be assassin Madame Pong with the killer eyes? or mummified Francis? or Evil Incarnate? or perhaps the poor, poverty stricken Pearl? Maybe I was just one of the several shallow characters described in detail and by name.

No, I actually was not on Mr.Dogster's cruise. I was on the Quest with some of these same people though.

Mr. Dogster, I feel that you do have quite the wit . Much of your writing is entertaining. Yet you remind me of one of the curmudgeons sitting in the balcony on the Muppet Show, remarking cynically on all that was going on,on stage, laughing at their own remarks more than enoying the show.

So I will try to lighten up,Emdee!

But I still stand in defense of those whom I know ( and names were not disguised) and were described in the worst of lights.

Susan M

I was the lowly cruise critic type who complained about the thick crepes on the Quest...

Maybe I can morph into some of the other characters in his tales human nature being what it is.

Archived