Harrison's Cave

mizteriuz

We are trying to decide whether or not to go to Harrison's Cave. Is it worth the time/money to go?

Also - how much time would you suggest for walking/picture taking at Bathsheba?

The admission to the cave is 31$ and the taxi ride from the port and back is 20$ so 51$. I dont know if that is worth it to you. When we got off the ship is was raining we had just planned to go to the beach but, we wanted to find something else to do so the storm could let up. We thought the caves were really cool, and i would recommend going. You get in a tram car and they take you on an hour tour of the cave, and you are able to get off in 2 separate spots to walk around a take pictures, our tour guide was really fun, im sure whatever you do will be a blast! If it wasnt raining i know we would have kept the money and just went to the beach, so i guess it was a blessing in disguise.

The admission to the cave is 31$ and the taxi ride from the port and back is 20$ so 51$. I dont know if that is worth it to you. When we got off the ship is was raining we had just planned to go to the beach but, we wanted to find something else to do so the storm could let up. We thought the caves were really cool, and i would recommend going. You get in a tram car and they take you on an hour tour of the cave, and you are able to get off in 2 separate spots to walk around a take pictures, our tour guide was really fun, im sure whatever you do will be a blast! If it wasnt raining i know we would have kept the money and just went to the beach, so i guess it was a blessing in disguise.

You said the taxi charge was only $20 from the port and back; does that mean only $10 each way?

Can the taxi take 4 persons? There are four of us, so if we split the cost, then the cost will only be $2.50/person; round trip taxi fare of $5/person. Cave of $31 + $5 taxi will be only $36. In about 10 days, we will be on a Princess cruise, and they are charging $65/person (3-hour excursion with only one activity - rt Harrison's Cave) . Even at that price, there is no more room on that excursion; Princess is placing names on the waitlist.

Could you please answer a few questions for me:

1. Was it easy to find a taxi at the pier to take you to the Cave?

2. How long was the ride?

3. Was it easy to find a taxi at the Cave sight to take you back to the port?

4. Was there a long time to get ticket to the tram?

5. You mentioned about a tour guide; the $31 admission tram price included a tour guide?

Thank you for your assistance.

You said the taxi charge was only $20 from the port and back; does that mean only $10 each way?

Can the taxi take 4 persons? There are four of us, so if we split the cost, then the cost will only be $2.50/person; round trip taxi fare of $5/person. Cave of $31 + $5 taxi will be only $36. In about 10 days, we will be on a Princess cruise, and they are charging $65/person (3-hour excursion with only one activity - rt Harrison's Cave) . Even at that price, there is no more room on that excursion; Princess is placing names on the waitlist.

Could you please answer a few questions for me:

1. Was it easy to find a taxi at the pier to take you to the Cave? Yes very easy, there are signs pointing towards the taxi station.

2. How long was the ride? 20 minutes maybe? It wasnt very long. It was a nice ride.

3. Was it easy to find a taxi at the Cave sight to take you back to the port? See below

4. Was there a long time to get ticket to the tram? Well..not exactly but kinda...they were moving pretty slowly that day selling tickets, it was pretty comical, it maybe took 20 minutes with like 5 people in front of us (no joke) we got our tickets and they said our tour was in an hour, then we walked down to where the tour starts and they said "we have been waiting for you come on"! We were kinda confused, but we got on earlier than expected so its all good. So maybe at the most an hour wait? There are some places to walk around so you could kill time.

5. You mentioned about a tour guide; the $31 admission tram price included a tour guide? Yes 31 dollars includes everything, the tour guide sits at the front of the tram.

Thank you for your assistance.

Im sorry i should have been more specific, it is 20$ per person. Yes 10$ each way, but empty taxis dont just wait for people to end their tours so your taxi driver will just stay and wait for you, ours went and got lunch he said, then came back. You pay at the end, so they arent going to just leave you there, they want to get paid! Yes taxis can take 4 or even more people, they are vans not cars, we had 4 people. Just make sure before you leave the port you make your price known of what you will be paying so there is no confusion later! hope this info helps let me know if you have more questions

Im sorry i should have been more specific, it is 20$ per person. Yes 10$ each way, but empty taxis dont just wait for people to end their tours so your taxi driver will just stay and wait for you, ours went and got lunch he said, then came back. You pay at the end, so they arent going to just leave you there, they want to get paid! Yes taxis can take 4 or even more people, they are vans not cars, we had 4 people. Just make sure before you leave the port you make your price known of what you will be paying so there is no confusion later! hope this info helps let me know if you have more questions

You said $20/person/round trip. It sounds like the taxi driver charges the fee on per person basis, and not per taxi. Is that right? If so, do we need to wait for the taxi van to fill up before the taxi takes off? Or he can just take the four of us for $80 round-trip?

I have a few more questions, but I really need to leave now for a meeting. I will get back to CC this evening or tomorrow morning. Thank you very much for your help.

You said $20/person/round trip. It sounds like the taxi driver charges the fee on per person basis, and not per taxi. Is that right? If so, do we need to wait for the taxi van to fill up before the taxi takes off? Or he can just take the four of us for $80 round-trip?

I have a few more questions, but I really need to leave now for a meeting. I will get back to CC this evening or tomorrow morning. Thank you very much for your help.

He took us for 20$ per person and we had 4 people. We didnt wait for anyone else. Ill try and answer any other questions you have.

He took us for 20$ per person and we had 4 people. We didnt wait for anyone else. Ill try and answer any other questions you have.

Thank you for the information. My friends found the answers to the questions that I originally wanted to ask you.:D

Archived