Transportation to ny Pier from PA

hearts12

Mt Laurel is a about 32 miles south of us, which really isn't too bad.

The train would be perfect as the station is only about 10 minutes away but I just don't know if they have room to store the large bag. I can't remember what the NE Corridor train looks like. I keep getting the SEPTA train stuck in my head.

My father has a Limo Van transportation company , he is in the Allentown, PA area, but on many occasions has driven some distance to pick up and take to NY Pier.....check out his website, http://www.limovanexpress.com.......if interested, call him, Tom @ 484-239-9149...have a great trip!

We take the (click-->) Bieber Bus commuter service from Kutztown to the Port Authority. The bus makes two other stops where you can board the bus.

Is it easier to go to Kutztown then get the bus in Lancaster? Do they have parking in Kutztown for the week? Do they charge for parking and is it secure? We are still exploring our options to get to NYC. Right now we are looking at parking in Weehawken which is directly across the river from the pier, then getting the ferryto Manhattan and walking about 10 blocks to the ship. Has anyone done that before? Parking in Weehawken is $10 / day which is 1/3 of parking at the pier.

Is it easier to go to Kutztown then get the bus in Lancaster? Do they have parking in Kutztown for the week? Do they charge for parking and is it secure? We are still exploring our options to get to NYC. Right now we are looking at parking in Weehawken which is directly across the river from the pier, then getting the ferryto Manhattan and walking about 10 blocks to the ship. Has anyone done that before? Parking in Weehawken is $10 / day which is 1/3 of parking at the pier.

For us, Kutztown is about 50 minutes away. We stop at the Airport Diner in Kutztown for breakfast. The diner is 5 minutes from the bus terminal. There is FREE parking at the bus terminal and you can leave your car there for the week. The bus ticket runs $55/pp/rt. There is no fence around the parking lot but we've never had any problems. This is a commuter service to NYC so there are a lot of people coming and going from there. Kutztown is a small college town. Check the schedule and you'll see that buses run every 2 hours on weekends. In nice weather we have walked from the Port Authority to the pier which is about 10 blocks, as long as you have wheeled suitcases. It's a short cab ride that runs $10 to $20 depending on traffic.

For us, Kutztown is about 50 minutes away. We stop at the Airport Diner in Kutztown for breakfast. The diner is 5 minutes from the bus terminal. There is FREE parking at the bus terminal and you can leave your car there for the week. The bus ticket runs $55/pp/rt. There is no fence around the parking lot but we've never had any problems. This is a commuter service to NYC so there are a lot of people coming and going from there. Kutztown is a small college town. Check the schedule and you'll see that buses run every 2 hours on weekends. In nice weather we have walked from the Port Authority to the pier which is about 10 blocks, as long as you have wheeled suitcases. It's a short cab ride that runs $10 to $20 depending on traffic.

Thanks for the info. We may take this option. I am a little familiar with Kutztown so this is definately a possibility. I know you can leave out of Reading too but I wasn't sure about parking there.

Thanks for the info. We may take this option. I am a little familiar with Kutztown so this is definately a possibility. I know you can leave out of Reading too but I wasn't sure about parking there.

There are not as many Bieber Bus runs that start in Reading. Parking, I believe, is in a nearby garage which I don't believe is free. The biggest problem is where the Reading terminal is.... not a safe place to be walking around in especially at odd hours. IMHO.

There are not as many Bieber Bus runs that start in Reading. Parking, I believe, is in a nearby garage which I don't believe is free. The biggest problem is where the Reading terminal is.... not a safe place to be walking around in especially at odd hours. IMHO.

Thanks, I would rather park in Kutztown then Reading anyday!

Archived