Ibiza to Valencia

fla742

We are sailing on the Journey from Barcelona to Lisbon on 6/18. I have been unable to find a way to get to Valencia and back in one day from Ibiza.

Does anyone have any ideas that do not cost an arm and a leg?

Thinking about the discussion about AZ vs. Oceania - at least Oceania docks in Valencia - a major Spanish City.

I can't imagine travelling between the two places in one day. You could fly if there is a direct connection or there is a ferry but it takes over 3 and a half hours each way.

So I've discovered. Hoped someone might know of a tour company or something.

If I want to see Valencia, it looks as if I will need to take a day out of our Madrid stay and day trip on the Ave. At the rate I'm going I will have a day and a half in Madrid.

Fla742,

it is possible.......depending on your timings and whether you are willing to risk missing embarkation.

http://www.balearia.com/wps/portal/comercial/home_en

We own a house in Javea which lies about an hour south of Valencia and have used this service from Denia to Ibiza. The link here is for a high speed ferry which takes around 2 hours each way. I'm not sure if there are flights linking the two places.

David

Fla742,

it is possible.......depending on your timings and whether you are willing to risk missing embarkation.

http://www.balearia.com/wps/portal/comercial/home_en

We own a house in Javea which lies about an hour south of Valencia and have used this service from Denia to Ibiza. The link here is for a high speed ferry which takes around 2 hours each way. I'm not sure if there are flights linking the two places.

David

Thanks for info. Based on the schedule and cost it looks like we're going to have to forgo Valencia.

You would have to be daft to attempt that journey. The return travel time alone could easily be 6-7 hours long. Even using the high speed craft you are taking a huge risk.

Enjoy Ibiza

Brian

Don't see where the trip can be 6-7 hours long. High Speed ferry is 2 hours. Dinia is only 66 miles from Valencia (assume an hour), so that makes it 3 hours. The only problem is because of the ferry schedule, you almost have to leave before you get there.

Can't figure out what there is to enjoy in Ibiza. Don't need to travel across the pond to go to the beach.

Doh !!

Let me work this out.......

Approx 3.5 hours travel each way.........ummmmmm 7 hours.

And then to hope that ALL your connections work out exactly......this is Ibiza and Spain you are talking about.

I wish you well and as I said....enjoy Ibiza.......must be something to do there......a bit like any Caribbean Island.

Brian

Fla742, Brian is correct you would be daft to attempt this, however the total transit time is 4 hours. The high speed route takes 2 hours each way. There is also a direct route to Valancia from Ibiza - you dont need to go to Denia and then travel North.

David

Fla742, Brian is correct you would be daft to attempt this, however the total transit time is 4 hours. The high speed route takes 2 hours each way. There is also a direct route to Valancia from Ibiza - you dont need to go to Denia and then travel North.

David

Unless there is a ferry company besides Balearia that has a high speed ferry directly to Valencia from Ibiza I haven't found it. The regular ferry to Valencia takes 5 hours. So that's really impossible. Our schedule is dock at 10am and leave at 7am the following morning so I have some time, but I've almost given up the thought of seeing Valencia. When I booked this cruise it seemed such a simple idea. Oh well.

Archived