Lanyards

Pokey1

Hi....

I make beaded jewelry and I was thinking of making some pretty lanyards for the ladies in my group. My question is, do you see alot of women carrying their seapass cards that way? Or do they prefer to just keep them in their purse? Thanks!!!

I think it's a fabulous idea. Although I'm a man, I'd probably pay for something pretty to use. And especially something custom made.

I've seen women carrying they cards on lanyards as well as the telephone cord type of bracelets. (or as an upper arm band, but that would annoy me I think).

If nothing else, I think if you made those for your group, they'd have something special to hang from their car mirror to remind them of you and their cruise everytime they drive.

I bought a "fancy" lanyard. A Cruise Critic one that detaches on the end so I don't have to hand over the whole lanyard each time I get a drink (I make it sound like some exhausting chore lol)

LES!

Pokey1, I had this same idea! What kind of beads are you using? Do you string beads/stones or do you do a peyote kind of thing with seed beads? I made one with small glass beads in blues/greens that will go with quite of few of the clothes I plan to bring. I want to make more in other colors, but am running out of time. I'd love to see a picture. It doesn't seem to be coming up here. Maybe you could email it to me at DianeHugo@optonline.net. Thanks!

Pokey1, I had this same idea! What kind of beads are you using? Do you string beads/stones or do you do a peyote kind of thing with seed beads? I made one with small glass beads in blues/greens that will go with quite of few of the clothes I plan to bring. I want to make more in other colors, but am running out of time. I'd love to see a picture. It doesn't seem to be coming up here. Maybe you could email it to me at DianeHugo@optonline.net. Thanks!

This so frustrating! I can see the picture when I post my message, but then it disappears. It is a jpeg image that I have saved in "My Pictures" and then I copied and pasted it to here. Do I have to reformat it or something? Please help.....

Hi Pokey - no worries... everyone has this problem from time to time. Here's a post I did a while back int he Floataway Lounge about this problem... Hope it helps!

TinaLee

okay, first of all, is this a picture you have stored on your computer, or one you are copying from an internet site? And what do you have your message editor interface set on (that's up there under User CP - options - down near the bottom)?

Example... here's a picture I copied from the internet...

7_3_1v.gif

I went to the web page, clicked on the picture and COPY, then I just came back to this message and clicked on PASTE!

A picture you have stored in your own computer, you might have to actually attach as an 'attachment' ... just below submit reply button there are "additional options" and one of those is "manage attachments" which will allow you to browse your own computer and attach a copy of whatever is there... let's see what I've got... :)

you click on browse, find the picture on your computer, and then don't forget to hit the 'upload' button. And there you go - if I did it right, the attachment should be my bon voyage smiley! Be careful though, because you need to watch for the "too large" error message if your attachment is too large - sometimes it's easy to miss it.

Good luck - let me know if you need more help or if I've just confused you further! :cool:

Pokey,

To be honest, when I first saw your post, I thought about the lanyards from my childhood and couldn't imagine why an adult would want to carry their cruise card on one.

However, after seeing the photo, I have to say I think you're really on to something. They are *very* pretty as well as useful. You might consider marketing them. Heck, bring some extra to sell on the cruise as I bet people will ask where they could buy one. I'd buy one from you on a cruise!

If you're interested you could contact a local travel agency to buy some from you as a give-a-way to clients. Companies are always looking for useful and pretty products to tie in with their sales.

Jane

I wouldn't be surprised if the onboard shops didn't start carrying something like this. I've seen a website (sorry, no clue where it is) advertising such things for women who don't want to wear "a shoestring" with their professional clothing at work. I've also seen kits at AC Moore to make such lanyards, and I've seen them ready-made at an expensive bead boutique in town. It's a good idea.

Archived