Can I make this flight???

DjVyrus69

I'm sailing on the Carnival Magic at the end of May. The ship docks back in Barcelona at 5am and afterwards I'm going to Paris for a couple of days.

There is a 7:35am flight leaving from Barcelona, and if I go 3 hours later the airfare rate jumps $100+ a person.

If I do Carnival's express checkout and carry off my own bags, at 5am, what are my chances of making that flight?

Need input and help asap. Thanks!

I'm sailing on the Carnival Magic at the end of May. The ship docks back in Barcelona at 5am and afterwards I'm going to Paris for a couple of days.

There is a 7:35am flight leaving from Barcelona, and if I go 3 hours later the airfare rate jumps $100+ a person.

If I do Carnival's express checkout and carry off my own bags, at 5am, what are my chances of making that flight?

Need input and help asap. Thanks!

I've no personal experience yet, but all the research I've done on this and other message boards leads me to think there's only about a 10% chance of making this.

There are too many variables, including the ship actually arriving on time, traffic on the way to the airport, etc.

Most people (including myself) are worried that we won't make a 10:30 flight!

My opinion is to pay the extra $100 per person to assure you make it to Paris in time for lunch! Then you can relax and enjoy the las t morning of your cruise without being all worried about the flight.

GOOD LUCK!

:)

Is there a reason you are flying Air France? Vueling Airlines has a 10:40 am flight (and an 8:45 one if you feel brave). Luggage restrictions might be a problem for you, but it is worth checking out. If you don't have excess luggage it is likely to be cheaper than Air France.

Note that 5 a.m. arrival time does not mean you will be able to leave the ship then.

Also there is EasyJet @ 10am.

As an alternative now there is high speed train TGV to Paris running from new station in Figueres; takes 5.5 hrs. First train is (11h06 FIGUERES VILAFANT - 16h41 PARIS GARE DE LYON), second (15h02 FIGUERES VILAFANT - 20h41 PARIS GARE DE LYON)

RENFE is running 2 special trains from Barcelona Sants to FIGUERES VILAFANT to feed into these TGV trains. Cost: 23.50 euro.

00211 ENLACE INT. Incidencia 09.00 10.42 1 h. 42 min.

00219 ENLACE INT. Incidencia 13.00 14.40 1 h. 40 min.

Note that FIGUERES VILAFANT & FIGUERES stations are not the same thing. FIGUERES VILAFANT is a new station for HS trains. Taxi from cruise dock to Sants station is around 15 min and 15 to 18 euros. You can buy this ticket (FIGUERES VILAFANT- PARIS) from http://www.tgv-europe.es Prices start at 70.80 euro pp, first class is 127.50. Also in Barcelona Sants.

Is there a reason you are flying Air France? Vueling Airlines has a 10:40 am flight (and an 8:45 one if you feel brave). Luggage restrictions might be a problem for you, but it is worth checking out. If you don't have excess luggage it is likely to be cheaper than Air France.

Note that 5 a.m. arrival time does not mean you will be able to leave the ship then.

I've only seen Easy Jet and Air France online and the cheapest options, I've never heard of Vueling Airlines, I'm looking it up right, thanks! :D:D

I've only seen Easy Jet and Air France online and the cheapest options, I've never heard of Vueling Airlines, I'm looking it up right, thanks! :D:D

Vueling is now owned by Iberia. Before the purchase they were one of my two favorite low-cost intra-Europe airlines. It is still a reasonable choice (I am not an EasyJet fan).

Archived