Summit Celebrity Suite

PATCHESPOP

What are you upgrading from? The celebrity suite is a wonderful room, you can see a picture on the Celebrity website. The biggest downside to the CS is there is no balcony, just large floor to ceiling windows. They come with all of the suite amenities including a butler. We had had one twice on the Summit and I would say they are definitely worth the money if you can swing it.

Thinking about surprising DW and upgrading to a Celebrity Suite on the Summit. A resident rate popped up that makes it feasible. Can someone tell me what I can expect as far as "special" treatment?

"Special" perks on M-class ships are dependant on ship and sailing. We have not sailed on Summit but on Constellation you are likely to receive two bottles of spirit in your suite [but this is not offered on Infinity]. Depending on the sailing you may be offered a complimentary meal in the speciality restaurant on the first evening.

If you really mean "special treatment" then you will probably not notice anything different. Celebrity are not like, say, NCL who has special "VIP" treatment for suite guests.

Having said that, the M-class Celebrity Suites are wonderful and I think that you should 'go for it'.

Sue

We have had the CS a 4 times, one on each deck. If available I would make sure that we had a suite facing forward. Also, I would avoid cabins on deck nine. We found that you can hear sounds from the deck above. If you take a cabin facing aft, you lose one of the windows because of the window washing ladder that is stored there. I would gladly book the CS everytime we sail because I really don't miss having the balcony. Your only a few steps from the elevator or the stairs to go to the pool deck. Have a nice cruise!

Celebrity suites are my favorite.Fantastic rooms with great expanses of glass. NEVER missed the balcony. Some of the perks we received were dinner in a specialty restaurant..butler service (was a bit intrusive on the INFINITY..perfect on the SOLSTICE) and dinner service in the suite (served course by course) The latter was perfect for us since we dont do formal nights anymore, and as not to offend the sensibilities of those offended by the sight of khaki on those nights, we remain in the room. The dining room setup in the suite was tailor made for our situation. I agree that the suite amenities on Celebrity are not as extensive as those on NCL, Princess or HAL....but they were ok. As far as the balcony goes..didnt I see a rumor a while back that they were going to be retrofitting the Celebrity suites with them?

As far as the balcony goes..didnt I see a rumor a while back that they were going to be retrofitting the Celebrity suites with them?

They are adding balconies to Infinity during her Solsticization in November this year, Summit in January 2012 and Millennium in April 2012. Constellation, which has already been Solsticized, will have balconies added in April 2013.

Sue

Archived