Help!! Rental Car Return in Miami

happydaz

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a car rental agency or a hotel that accepts rental car returns in downtown Miami?

Several years ago we rented a car at Ft. Lauderdale Airport, drove to our hotel in Miami, drove to Bayside Marketplace for lunch, did some sightseeing, drove to Miami Beach and to South Beach for dinner and drinks. We returned the car at the Port of Miami the next day. Avis USED to have an office right at the port and it was so easy to drop off the rental car on the way to the ship. Well...the office closed as of April 2004, we're booked on Explorer of the Sea this October and were hoping for a repeat performance with the rental car. I've been researching the car rental companies and Miami hotels but so far I haven't been able to find what I need.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Betty

icon_cool.gificon_confused.gif

I found that Budget has a office at the Sheraton in Downtown Miami. You can rent or pick up cars there. We are flying in FLL and renting at that airport then driving to stay in Miami at the Holiday Inn across from Bayside Marketplace and then returning the car at the Sheraton. Then just a short cab ride to the pier.

Lucy

Dear Lucy,

Thanks so much for the information. I've been going nuts trying to find a place to return the rental car. The old Avis location at the Port of Miami was so convenient, to bad it closed down.

I'm going to look into the Sheraton today.

Thanks again,

Betty

icon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gif

I just booked Monday for August 28th. Dollar has a return at the Eden Roc Resort on Miami Beach and I was able to get that same hotel on PL for 60.00! So will fly into FLL (only 114. R/T from DC). Get rental, drive to Miami and stay at Eden Roc and return car there. On return, I made the reservation with Dollar at Miami airport and return to FLL. Will have to take a taxi from Eden Roc, but it's not that far.

Carnival Celebration - 4/96

Carnival Ecstacy - 4/97

RCCL Sovereign of the Seas - 9/03

Celebrity Galaxy - 3/04

Vegas - 5/04

RCCL Navigator of the Seas 8/04

Vegas 12/04

Carnival Miracle - 2/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;08;28;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;02;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Thanks LucyR for the infomation on Budget, I've made my reservations for our cruise we're flying into FLL and will pick up a car there. We'll use it for a day of sighseeing and then return it to the Budget location at the Shearaton on the way to the port. They have a complimentary shuttle to the port but worst case senario, we'll have to pay for a cab.

When you add it all up, it's still cheaper than a cab from FLL to Downtown Miami

Thanks again for the tip

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre>

Until we're on the Explorer of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;10;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived