Star Princess gym and pool amenities

7pme

What specific equipment does the Star Princess gym have - I have read on one of Pia 1913's posts that it has 12 treadmills and 6 elllips machines - does it have any exercise balls, etc.? Also, is one of the pools "kid friendly" - what depth at the shallow end? Am looking forward to our cruise commencing on March 24.

What specific equipment does the Star Princess gym have - I have read on one of Pia 1913's posts that it has 12 treadmills and 6 elllips machines - does it have any exercise balls, etc.? Also, is one of the pools "kid friendly" - what depth at the shallow end? Am looking forward to our cruise commencing on March 24.

The Fitness Center (0600/2200) has those mentioned by Pia but only 2 exercise bikes which always seem to be in use. I seem to recall having the exercise balls but believe they were part of a class with an extra fee charged like the spining classes, etc. There are some weight machines & free weights also if you care to do any weight training. It's also nice that treadmills & elipticals have shipboard TVs built in to plug in a headset if you prefer to watch TV instead of reading. We have late TD so go to the gym around 5:00pm & treadmills are always available so we can do an hour & not less when anyone is waiting for one of them. I believe some of the pools were shallow (3.5"???) & there is a lap pool just outside of the gym/spa area. It also has swim against the current if you'd like to do some laps in one spot. On Sun deck (15) as part of the kid's area there is a small, shallow pool for kid's...the Paddington Pool.

Hope this helps...have a great cruise on the Star...we've enjoyed many days onboard her on 2 long cruises & enjoyed them very much. :D

Archived