Disappointed & very Unhappy with Celebrity Business Practice

samel00

PartyAll, could you please post the link to the Best Price Guarantee claim form? I cannot find it anywhere on the =X= site, even using the site map.

TIA.

Here you go. I found it by going to Planning, then Find Your Perfect Vacation, clicking the Best Price Guarantee link under the list of destinations and departure ports.

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/heroSingleTxtSubBPG.do?pagename=celebrity_best_price_guarantee

Once there, click the Submit the Claim Form Here link to get the form to pop up.

They don't make it easy, do they?:rolleyes:

This is only half right. After final payment is made a person won't be able to get a credit or OBC if the price of their cabin goes down. However, they can upgrade to a better cabin at its reduced price which provides an opportunity to get more for the same price or slightly more.
I made final payment last week and now the OV cabin is the same price as the inside,does that mean I can switch to an OV?

I made final payment last week and now the OV cabin is the same price as the inside,does that mean I can switch to an OV?

Yes, unless the new price is a result of a new bookings only special. At least, you should be able to. There have been reports here and there of Celebrity not allowing the upgrade, which is contrary to their policy.

You said you made final payment, so I'm assuming you're inside the period when final payment is required. If not, and the price of the inside cabin also dropped, you could either claim the OV for the same price or get a refund for the difference on the lower price on the inside, again assuming it's not a NBO special.

Thanks for the link to the form, PartyAll! I want know the path just in case i need it in a hurry at some point. You are right. I searched and searched for the form, but could not find it, and I can usually find what I want (and some things I don't want) on the Internet. OK, so head on back to the party.

Betsy

Thanks for the link to the form, PartyAll! I want know the path just in case i need it in a hurry at some point. You are right. I searched and searched for the form, but could not find it, and I can usually find what I want (and some things I don't want) on the Internet. OK, so head on back to the party.

Glad to be of service.:) Used to be, they had a link to the BPG info (and subsequent link to the form) right on the home page. If they're trying to tout this as an advantage to booking with Celebrity, you'd think they'd make it more visible.

No need to head back to the party-- there's a party all the time!:D:cool:

I found another way to the BPG-- on the main page, go to Find A Cruise. Select any paramater, such as departure port, hit Go, and it will bring you to a list of those particular cruises. Towards the top, look for the link "Don't worry! You're booking with our Best Price Guarantee". Again, once there, click on the Submit the Claim Form Here link.

Hello All, I have just been reading through most of your posts and thought I would just tell my story..!

We are 1st time cruisers, booked our holiday in October 2010 - cost us £3056.00 for one of the lowest graded balcony cabins, on Deck 6 with a life boat in front of us, as first time cruisers we admit we were happy to part with our money as we thought cruises were expensive and if we did not book the cost may go up - This does happen as price increases stopped us trying to book our first cruise the previous year on NCL therefore we booked early.

We had no early booking offer, no on board spending credit - Nothing from Celebrity.

What hurt us was in January our cabin went down to £2454 - almost £600.00 difference, we contacted the T/A and Celebrity who refused point blank to price match - My husband was rather annoyed and e-mailed them, in the end we cancelled and rebooked - we ended up paying £2458 and then lost our £300.00 deposit making a total of £2758 for our cabin.

Then after that to add salt in to our wounds the price of our cabin went down to £1998.00 - again we complained and got no where so this is where its been left.

We paid £750.00 more, we could of used that money and got a higher graded cabin, or spent more on board on things, excursions & things and now as no one would meed us half way, we feel saddened and the holiday is marred before it starts.

And all this before the final payment date which is when they should of gone down. We thought they may of given us our £300.00 deposit back out of goodwill but they refused.

As first time cruisers we have already made the choice to never to use them again (unless of course a miracle happens and we get a free upgrade to a higher deck or there is good will free on board credit) but we all know that will never happen.

Hello All, I have just been reading through most of your posts and thought I would just tell my story..!

We are 1st time cruisers, booked our holiday in October 2010 - cost us £3056.00 for one of the lowest graded balcony cabins, on Deck 6 with a life boat in front of us, as first time cruisers we admit we were happy to part with our money as we thought cruises were expensive and if we did not book the cost may go up - This does happen as price increases stopped us trying to book our first cruise the previous year on NCL therefore we booked early.

We had no early booking offer, no on board spending credit - Nothing from Celebrity.

What hurt us was in January our cabin went down to £2454 - almost £600.00 difference, we contacted the T/A and Celebrity who refused point blank to price match - My husband was rather annoyed and e-mailed them, in the end we cancelled and rebooked - we ended up paying £2458 and then lost our £300.00 deposit making a total of £2758 for our cabin.

Then after that to add salt in to our wounds the price of our cabin went down to £1998.00 - again we complained and got no where so this is where its been left.

We paid £750.00 more, we could of used that money and got a higher graded cabin, or spent more on board on things, excursions & things and now as no one would meed us half way, we feel saddened and the holiday is marred before it starts.

And all this before the final payment date which is when they should of gone down. We thought they may of given us our £300.00 deposit back out of goodwill but they refused.

As first time cruisers we have already made the choice to never to use them again (unless of course a miracle happens and we get a free upgrade to a higher deck or there is good will free on board credit) but we all know that will never happen.

The pricing dropped before final payment date? :confused: Why didn't you just cancel and rebook at the lower price is that was the case?

MHO is that everyone these days wants to have their cake and eat it too; they want to be able to book well in advance to suit their lives but somehow expect they should also be able to take advantage of changes in rates after final payment but I'm sorry you can't have it both ways.

IMHO if you want to ensure you get the best rate, then wait and risk what you want not being there and taking whatever is left. If what's left is what you'd wanted at the beginning then great, you're ahead but if you waited and it sold out or your cabin wasn't available you took that risk. It's all up to the consumer but sadly these days folks don't think the rules should apply to them and want to have things go their way all the time and IMHO that's unrealistic.

I think the OP is in Europe and every time they cancel and rebook they lose their deposit - different than here in North America. On the other hand I think their TA should have been able to get any price drops before final pay't - If that policy is not available in Europe someone will correct me:D

Apparently it's true. Here's a copy of a posting from our CC roll call forum for a cruise on the Equinox this winter. I never knew about this.

Have another couple of days before we have to confirm. Problem is once we pay the deposit there is no going back. We would lose almost $500 deposit if we cancelled as they are non-refundable here in the UK.

That stinks:mad:! Seems us North Americans don't have that problem. Probably because we could go down to the Miami headquarters and vent our feelings about it. That especially so since a large number of people from Florida cruise. I bet it's the largest market in the country.

Don't know how the rest of the planet is treated!!!!!

Phil

Apparently it's true. Here's a copy of a posting from our CC roll call forum for a cruise on the Equinox this winter. I never knew about this.

That stinks:mad:! Seems us North Americans don't have that problem. Probably because we could go down to the Miami headquarters and vent our feelings about it. That especially so since a large number of people from Florida cruise. I bet it's the largest market in the country.

Don't know how the rest of the planet is treated!!!!!

My sketchy understanding of the discrepancy in treatment is due to tougher consumer laws in the EU. I've a feeling that if it weren't a patchwork of different laws and regulations, it would be the same policy for all.

My sketchy understanding of the discrepancy in treatment is due to tougher consumer laws in the EU. I've a feeling that if it weren't a patchwork of different laws and regulations, it would be the same policy for all.

As it has been explained to me by my British cousins who are in the travel industry, the EU laws afford travellers much greater protection than we receive here in the US and Canada, but that protection comes at a cost.

British travellers don't have nearly as much flexibility once they've booked a cruise and made a deposit, but they are WAY better off in terms of government-mandated travel protection.

As my dear Scottish mother would say, "what you lose on the swings, you gain on the roundabouts".

I suspect that people would be less choked about price variances if they were not so substantial. If price drops, after final payment, were less than, say $200, people would react less. But from what I am seeing, the variance is far far greater (in some cases $1000 and $2000). I can understand that this is upsetting.

We booked our Jan-12 cruise while onboard our Jan-11. We get the benefit of low deposit and up to three level upgrade. We booked at a price far far higher than the cruise we were currently on (same cabin category). I fully expected that the price will drop as we get closer to our travel time. Time will tell. As we get closer to final payment date, we will have to make a decision. We understand that.

I would really really like to know the website of the cruise price watch dogs...???

Patricia

We had the same experience, Celebrity does nothing to make it up and ours was a $1.200 drop.

I know that there are several posts regarding price drop after final payment for Celebrity cruises. I would like to share my experience with this line and how they have treated me. I have taken many cruises with most lines.

I have booked a Med cruise for upcoming season few month ago on a C3 category and today Celebrity lowered the rates for most categories. I know that I can not ask for the price difference and I am not. I am happy with what I have paid. All I asked to be upgraded to the AQ Aqua from Concierge category which price of AQ has dropped by $500 from what I paid for both passengers, I called my TA and Celebrity today to just asked to be upgraded to AQ since the price dropped by $500. After being on the phone for almost 3 hours they told me there is no way they could upgrade me. The rates are for new bookings only and made it sounds like we do not care about You after we got your money.

This is a very poor business practice. Because it is not fair to all passengers that paid higher prices few months ago and then someone else could get a better cabin in a higher category for much less price.

The proper business practice is that Celebrity should upgrade the costumers that paid higher prices and offer the new cabins at lower price to new bookings that way they keep the higher paid passengers happy and sell other cabins so the ship gets full.

I did a search of "price drop after final booking" and so many post came up and most of them was for Celebrity. I have cruise lots of time with Princess, HAL, Cunard and other major lines and never experienced this. So it looks like I am not the only one having issues with Celebrity and they will lose market share in long term if they do not change this business practice.

No matter how nice their cruise ships are but the ships will get old and another cruise company comes with nicer cruise ships and Celebrity will lose passenger.

I will go on my cruise and will have a great time but they lost me as a customer for my next cruises.

I hope someone from Celebrity senior management would read this and change their practice, because Celebrity is a good cruise company and I would like them to stay good or become great.

Thanks for reading.

The pricing dropped before final payment date? :confused: Why didn't you just cancel and rebook at the lower price is that was the case?

MHO is that everyone these days wants to have their cake and eat it too; they want to be able to book well in advance to suit their lives but somehow expect they should also be able to take advantage of changes in rates after final payment but I'm sorry you can't have it both ways.

IMHO if you want to ensure you get the best rate, then wait and risk what you want not being there and taking whatever is left. If what's left is what you'd wanted at the beginning then great, you're ahead but if you waited and it sold out or your cabin wasn't available you took that risk. It's all up to the consumer but sadly these days folks don't think the rules should apply to them and want to have things go their way all the time and IMHO that's unrealistic.

-------------------------

TCook 52, please re read the post, ic you read it, we did cancel and lost £300.00 witch they took off us, if we cancelled again we will lose another £300.00 AND we do not expect any of what you said, again if you read it I explained we were new to this so only booked early so we could afford it, I was scared it would go up and we couldn't go. We were hurt because it went down so much before final payment due date, we saved so hard for this trip and was still paying the TA for the holiday when they were selling it for £1000.00 less than we were paying...!!! we work so hard, and paid for this out of our hard earned earnings, I think we have a right to be upset, we are not used to this and going forward have learnt a lesson and will not book with Celebrity again, Celebrity should be wanting to attract clients, not put them off.. Thank You...!! From Nicola

Then after that to add salt in to our wounds the price of our cabin went down to £1998.00

We paid £750.00 more, we cou of used that money and got a higher graded cabin, or spent more on board on things, excursions & things and now as no one would meed us half way, we feel saddened and the holiday is marred before it starts.

Which ship and itinerary are you on? What was the reason they gave? Was this a Tuesday special? (Not sure if they have those in the UK or call them something else). Most of our cruises have gone up in price.

One reason to book early and take your chances on price drops is to get a specific cabin. However, there is a thread going where Celebrity downgraded someone!:eek: Some posters have said that somewhere in all that small print Celebrity can change your cabin.

I've come to terms with the new "Best Price Guarantee" which protects your price for a little while. If Celebrity were to change may cabin that would end a long a beautiful relationship.

Now, I must add that the price of my cabin went UP and I do not have to pay the higher price!3.gif

Hi, We are fairly new to cruising and have only been on 4, with a 5th coming up to Bermuda on Celebrity Summit in July. Can you tell me about the American Express, and other perks you have listed in your comments, please? We paid with our American Express card, but was NOT offered any perks for doing so. Thanks!

Hi, We are fairly new to cruising and have only been on 4, with a 5th coming up to Bermuda on Celebrity Summit in July. Can you tell me about the American Express, and other perks you have listed in your comments, please? We paid with our American Express card, but was NOT offered any perks for doing so. Thanks!

To get perks from AmEx who would have had to book through their travel site, if I'm not mistaken. We used our AmEx to pay for the trip, but booked with a different agency. Our only perks are from the agency we used to book and not AmEx.

-------------------------

TCook 52, please re read the post, ic you read it, we did cancel and lost £300.00 witch they took off us, if we cancelled again we will lose another £300.00 AND we do not expect any of what you said, again if you read it I explained we were new to this so only booked early so we could afford it, I was scared it would go up and we couldn't go. We were hurt because it went down so much before final payment due date, we saved so hard for this trip and was still paying the TA for the holiday when they were selling it for £1000.00 less than we were paying...!!! we work so hard, and paid for this out of our hard earned earnings, I think we have a right to be upset, we are not used to this and going forward have learnt a lesson and will not book with Celebrity again, Celebrity should be wanting to attract clients, not put them off.. Thank You...!! From Nicola

I understand now the rules about cancelling pre-final payment are different overseas than here in N. America.

Also keep in mind this is ALL cruise lines policy, not just Celebrity so it isn't that CEL is being so consumer unfriendly as many want to portray.

And I do appreciate what you're saying about money as I work hard for mine but you did benefit from planning well in advance, getting the sailing and cabin you wanted and locked in your rate which could've gone up. Would it be okay for the cruise line to come back and ask for more if they did raise the rates after you'd booked? Of course and IMHO you can't have it both ways.

So lets say you book early on a cruise that turns out to be very popular. You got a really good price on the cabin. Now the cruise line has increased the price of the cabin and never sells it for less and the cruise sells out. Do you think, "Why, I should be paying the new higher price, that's only fair" and send the cruise line a check for the difference? The day you do that is the day the cruise line will give you a refund after final payment day when they lower the price on a non sold out cruise.

So lets say you book early on a cruise that turns out to be very popular. You got a really good price on the cabin. Now the cruise line has increased the price of the cabin and never sells it for less and the cruise sells out. Do you think, "Why, I should be paying the new higher price, that's only fair" and send the cruise line a check for the difference? The day you do that is the day the cruise line will give you a refund after final payment day when they lower the price on a non sold out cruise.

Exactly my sentiments. And I meant to include the word "not" in my last line

Of course and IMHO you can't have it both ways.

Archived