Just back from Sky 4-day, any questions?

spacepotatoes

So glad you had a great time on your cruise! We are going on the sky May 9th and we just cant wait, we are taking our 2 DD on their 1st cruise age 4 and 10 months. I have been trying to find somewhere that has a recent freestyle dailies posted online with no luck, I was hoping to look over them before getting on the boat,

first and most importantly....did they do a chocoholics buffet (experienced this on the dawn 2 years ago) and if so when was it? :) I am really hoping its not at midnight I know my 4 year old would love the chocolate fountain!

Were there any parties designed for families especially those with younger kids?

Anyone out there have their freestyle dailies from the sky this year?

Thanks!

So glad you had a great time on your cruise! We are going on the sky May 9th and we just cant wait, we are taking our 2 DD on their 1st cruise age 4 and 10 months. I have been trying to find somewhere that has a recent freestyle dailies posted online with no luck, I was hoping to look over them before getting on the boat,

first and most importantly....did they do a chocoholics buffet (experienced this on the dawn 2 years ago) and if so when was it? :) I am really hoping its not at midnight I know my 4 year old would love the chocolate fountain!

Unfortunately, no chocolate buffet on the shorter sailings :( But, there is a chocolate fountain at the buffet. I'm not sure if it was there every day or not since we weren't at the buffet regularly, but we did catch it one afternoon.

Were there any parties designed for families especially those with younger kids?

They did have quite a few family events. Not necessarily parties, but activities. Just checking my dailies here...on the first night, there was a family social (hosted by the kids club) and a Wii bowling night. On the second day was the Family Gunk Challenge and family pizza making. On day 3, the Wii was available for use by anyone, family pictionary, family dodge ball, and Wii golf night. On Great Stirrup Cay, they hosted a beaded craft activity for families, a family sand castle building event, a family scavenger hunt, something in the water, and kids were invited to participate in the limbo contest as well. There was family lego time that afternoon on the ship and another Wii night.

Anyone out there have their freestyle dailies from the sky this year?

Thanks!

Hope that helps!

And for anyone wondering about my review, it's coming! I'll be uploading pictures tonight and am almost done writing. I'm trying to get it all written offline so that I can just post all at once.

We are on the Sky April 25-29 - thanks for the info.

I want to do Cagneys one night, is it hard to get ressies?

Nope! The only night that it got really busy was the last night. If you're thinking about it for the last night of the cruise, you might want to make reservations early for that. Otherwise, it's not too bad. They have a reservation desk set up when you board the ship, there's one at the buffet, and another one in the atrium. You can also call from your stateroom.

Again, welcome back :) Glad you had a good time!

Thanks for the clarification about the bathroom outlet. Maybe that's what the picture on it meant? I tried to figure it out every time I was in there and didn't come up with "shaver."

Very interesting about your Nassau departure. We also left Nassau around 6:30, though they never told us why we were late. We figured people had missed the boat since they were announcing a couple of names close to all-aboard time. It's really hard to watch for pier runners on this ship, though, with that glass enclosure!

The pier runners are best watched from deck 6 (where the lifeboats are). You can see everything from there, and sometimes even hear what people are saying to the security guys as they are being chastized for being late!

Looking forward to your review! It is interesting to see how people's experiences are similar or different on the same/similar cruise.

Boo

Thanks so much for your reply!! I'm sad theres no buffet but the fountain is what my DD would have loved the most so I will have to find out when they do that one :D

Also just wondering if are you including your freestyle dailies with your pictures on your review? I would love to look over them if you are :)

Thanks so much for your reply!! I'm sad theres no buffet but the fountain is what my DD would have loved the most so I will have to find out when they do that one :D

Also just wondering if are you including your freestyle dailies with your pictures on your review? I would love to look over them if you are :)

If you haven't seen it, I posted my review yesterday:

http://forums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=28569495

I wasn't planning on posting the dailies but if I get some time in the next little while, I might try to take photos of them and post those.

If you haven't seen it, I posted my review yesterday:

http://forums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=28569495

I wasn't planning on posting the dailies but if I get some time in the next little while, I might try to take photos of them and post those.

That would be awesome if you could! I cant wait to go read your review!!

Thanks!!!:)

Thanks so much for posting your awesome review! It was great, I loved that you had so much detail, there were a lot of things that you went over that I was wondering about so you answered a lot of the questions that I had!

Your pictures were so neat too, it made me so excited to go, I just cant wait now!!!

Thanks again!!!

We are sailing on the Sky on June 27th. Did you book your excursions a head of time, or when you got onto the ship?

June 27th is my wedding anniversary :)

We booked our excursions ahead of time because we cruised during spring break week so we wanted to make sure that we got our first choice of excursions. I don't think that would be an issue for you, though, at the end of June. NCL also had discount, I don't remember the amount offhand, if you booked online pre-cruise so we took advantage of that for the Freeport biking tour.

Funny, we are going on this cruise for our 25 wedding anniversary, we are going with a couple that got married the same day as us, one town over....we didn't know them then but are great friends now.

I already booked one excursion in Nassa...Paridise Island...I hope it is ok...it was listed on here as an alcohol included excursion! I thought we needed one! I kinda wanted to get on the boat and see what excursions are available....

• 3 months later...

Archived