Movies on RCCL Ships

tgetz

I know most of you don't have time for movies on a ship, but we travel with children and if there aren't enough other children on board, they do like to go to the movies. We are booked on a 12 night holy land cruise on the mariener leaving APril 29 from Rome. We have sailed a few RCI ships but never went to the movies before, however we were recently on the Voyager from Galveston and happened to look at the movies listed each day. Most of them seemed to be documentaries and not interesting at all. Does anyone know if that is typical for Royal or do they do 'regular' movies also. On Holland they seem to try to show a movie that is filmed in the area you are sailling, or something about ship , and they are good movies, usually.

Any input appreciated.

I was just on Voyager in February. Wife went to take a nap on the afternoon of our last sea day. Weather was windy and cool topside so I went to the movie in the theater on deck 2. They were showing the Disney film "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time." When we were on Adventure we saw "Shrek 3." They usually have a different movie each sea day. Not first runs, but not too old.

Archived