UNIWORLD Imperial Capitals of Europe comments PLEASE!

firststeps

Hi All,

My hubby and I are looking at taking the Uniworld Imperial Capitals river cruise THIS May - yes, in a couple of months! Has anyone done this trip? We are new to river cruising... did China last year with Viking and had a wonderful time so ready to do the next adventure. This is an expensive trip and I have not been able to find any reviews from folks who have actually taken it. Would really appreciate some input on this or other suggestions for similar trips that are less pricy. We love history and exploring new places. The quality of the tours and guides are very important to us. Had also considered a Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos adventure but thought since we just did Aisa we might do Europe this year...any recommendations there? THANKS...

I believe this is a new itinerary so you might not find any reviews on it, however you should be able to find a lot of reviews on Uniworld which does an excellent job. My husband and I have sailed on them and enjoyed everything about the trip.

Thanks, I had looked at the Uniworld site but didn't find ANY reviews of this itinerary which was why I was a little concerned. Sometimes new itineraries are great and other times they have a lot of issues... I wonder if the lack of postings reflects mostly poor reviews that are not advertised...any idea on what their policy is on posting reviews?

Firststeps, this is a NEW itinerary for Uniworld. The first sailing is not until April 2011, so there won't be any reviews yet. Uniworld does a great job on all their other trips. This looks like a great itinerary.

Check the reviews for the Eastern European Explorer...it goes from Bucharest to Vienna. This is the first time they added istanbul. We are booked on this cruise on May 23. We did Vienna to Amsterdam in September 2009 with Uniworld and loved every minute. I don't think I can go back to big ship cruising.

OH!! Did not realize that it was THAT new... we will have to decide whether to jump in and try it or wait until others have the experience and get some feedback. May just end up doing a week in Vienna and a week in Istanbul on our own. Big decisions have to made fast as there are only a few cabins left on the Uniworld trip sailing in May.

Thanks for the info...

Terri

I am booked on this in April. There was a discussion on this board in January / February about this itinerary and some felt that the towns are not scenic or particularly interesting. (Search "Iron Gates" and you will find it.) I like to visit new places and don't need to see a castle on every trip I make. But this might not be for everyone.

Thank you so much for this information! It is just what we needed to make a final decision. I think we are now going to hold off until others experience this trip. I am going to see if I can find the thread in Jan/Feb...

Archived