South Beach Miami hotel using LastMinuteTravel

cruise 101

My DH and I would like to stay 1 night post cruise in South Beach Miami on April 29. We are looking for a hotel for less than $150 that is nice, clean and on the beach. We are not party people and do not drink. We like to lay on the beach and walk to shops. Has any one use LMT to get a nice hotel in SoBe? What criteria should I use, 3.5 star, 4 star or any other clue? I tried to compare the photos on LMT and on the hotel website but nothing match. We have never stayed in Miami so if other beach is as nice as SoBe (white sand) with good hotel, I welcome the suggestions. BTW we will use public transportation while there.

This is my first post (well actually second because my first one I posted it in the wrong forum) so if somebody replies and I don't answer right away please be patient, I may be slow in finding how to do it.

Thanks.

Try Orbitz or Travelocity and put in your requirements....

That should help...

I'm thinking that somewhere in the 20 to 40 block would probably be a bit cheaper....The 20's puts you in walking distance to Lincoln Rd Mall....

Good luck and have fun!

Here is what I'm planning,

We will spend a night before and after our cruise in Miami

I have never been to Miami so I researched this and other sites,

We chose a park and fly in Detroit for 79.00, I don't think I can park my car at airport for less.

The night before cruise leaves I bid using "lastminutehotels.com", staying at Hyatt Regency at Miami Convention Center, this hotel was on my short list of researched hotels before purchasing room, it's a little scary purchasing a room and not knowing where you stay, although I looked at star rating/reviews and price to make decision.

After our cruise we are choosing to stay on Miami beach, I booked a room through expedia, chose the Delores Hotel- 132.00,

http://www.hoteldelores.com/our_guestbook.html

it was cheaper to book through expedia than through hotel, I basically got sick of researching and just booked room-lots of choice's

We are scheduled early April for our cruise so I hope the decisions we made work well for us.

My DH and I would like to stay 1 night post cruise in South Beach Miami on April 29. We are looking for a hotel for less than $150 that is nice, clean and on the beach. We are not party people and do not drink. We like to lay on the beach and walk to shops. Has any one use LMT to get a nice hotel in SoBe? What criteria should I use, 3.5 star, 4 star or any other clue? I tried to compare the photos on LMT and on the hotel website but nothing match. We have never stayed in Miami so if other beach is as nice as SoBe (white sand) with good hotel, I welcome the suggestions. BTW we will use public transportation while there.

This is my first post (well actually second because my first one I posted it in the wrong forum) so if somebody replies and I don't answer right away please be patient, I may be slow in finding how to do it.

Thanks.

During your dates, you should be able to find a fantastic hotel in South Beach however this is one of the rare times I am not going to recommend www.LastMinuteTravel.com . Instead, go to www.Hotwire.com and there is a 3 1/2 star in the Oceanfront Collins Area that is a resort for $151. I would jump all over that.

The best area for what you want is oceanfront Collins and not Ocean Drive.

The Delores Hotel is not in the best location for what you want and since it is an old refurbished hotel and not a demolishion, the rooms will be loud and small.

Thanks to the people who have answered my question.

I have never used HotWire before so I will familiar myself with this side. Too bad HotWire doesn't show pictures of the property. I will wait for a few more days before making my reservation. Thanks again.

Archived