Has anyone been to the Turtle Farm Lagoon recently?

missmay80

My husband and I are booked to go to the turtle farm in a few weeks, and have planned to do the lagoon portion of the Botswain Beach package. I have read in several places that there is an algae issue in the saltwater lagoon. We were planning on trying out some new snorkel equipment there (to know if we liked it before going on one of our "real" snorkel tours), but definitely won't swim there if there is still slimy algae everywhere. Can anyone tell me if this issue is still there? All of the info I have read has been at least a year old. Thanks so much!

Went there last Sept. Water was not great for snorkle. Still it was a nice day at the Turtle farm, but don't go for the snorkleing. It is a man-made place & not many fish. Swimming pool was very nice & the turtles were great!

Thanks! We are doing it as a combo package with Stingray City and the Turtle Farm. The swim with turtles part of the package is an added bonus (to go under and look in the predator tank). I was a little leary of the "man-made lagoon part" due to the algae factor. I figure we will still go, we just won't plan on that part of the tour.

We were just there a little over a week ago. We loved it. Yes, there was some algae in the lagoon, but it wasn't really slimy and gross. I am picky and I got in with my kids. No, I wouldn't go just for the snorkeling, but it was a great opportunity for my kids to try snorkeling. They had lots of turtles to hold and they had a nice pool to lounge by or swim in. It was definitely a lot of fun.

• 1 month later...
Thanks! We are doing it as a combo package with Stingray City and the Turtle Farm. The swim with turtles part of the package is an added bonus (to go under and look in the predator tank). I was a little leary of the "man-made lagoon part" due to the algae factor. I figure we will still go, we just won't plan on that part of the tour.

I would love to know where you found this package ~ it is EXACTLY what we are looking for ~ Turtle Farm and then Stingray City.

Anyone know???

• 2 months later...

It's a tour offered directly with Carnival for $75.95:

This tour consists of the islands two most famous attractions where you snorkel with the stingrays and swim with the turtles.

Excursion Description

This tour consists of the islands two most famous attractions where you snorkel with the stingrays and swim with the turtles.

On this excurison you will;

• Begin the tour with a 15 minute bus ride along famous 7-mile beach with a brief stop at the Governors House.
  • Thereafter you’re bus will head towards the dock for your boat ride to stingray city - where you will pet, feed and play with stingrays in the clear blue Caribbean sea.
  • Later you will head to the turtle farm – the home of 8,000 green sea turtles ranging from hatchlings to 600 founds.
  • At the turtle farm – you will see the breeding pond, get to handle the young turtles in the display area and thereafter be amazed at the 1.3 million gallon salt water lagoon where you get to swim and interact with yearling sized turtles and in addition also come nose-to-nose with sharks and other creatures of the deep as you peer through the predator tank.

Archived