spa cafe-details/menus

perrys

I have read many posts that say the spa cafe food is very good-especially the poached salmon. Can anyone provide more details for me?
Buffet style? Other menu choices? I am thinking this is where we will be eating most of our meals, but we have one low carb type of eater and one low fat type of eater. Does anyone remember if egg beaters are offered at breakfast? LASTLY- it looks like a very small area on the deck plan. Is it very crowded? Thanks for your input.

Hi there!

We ate there MANY times for both breakfast & lunch on out 11 nt Summit cruise. Yes it is a small buffet-type set up. 2 stations. Then there is the milk, juice, water, coffee etc station as well. They usually have several prepared dishes sitting on ice, several cereal choices available along with fruit selections & some other items to choose from. Cannot remember about egg beaters as we never ate any eggs! Always had the cold smoked salmon, some great granola stuf and lots of fruit.

For lunches, they hav wonderful dishes prepared along with the fruits & some soups, etc. The foof was fantastic. There are not a LOT of tables & depending on the time, it can get busy, but we always seemed to find a place to sit!

Enjoy!

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

Hi there!

We ate there MANY times for both breakfast & lunch on out 11 nt Summit cruise. Yes it is a small buffet-type set up. 2 stations. Then there is the milk, juice, water, coffee etc station as well. They usually have several prepared dishes sitting on ice, several cereal choices available along with fruit selections & some other items to choose from. Cannot remember about egg beaters as we never ate any eggs! Always had the cold smoked salmon, some great granola stuf and lots of fruit.

For lunches, they hav wonderful dishes prepared along with the fruits & some soups, etc. The food was fantastic. There are not a LOT of tables & depending on the time, it can get busy, but we always seemed to find a place to sit!

Enjoy!

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

Don't worry about the lack of tables. Just grab your food and go over to the regular buffet and find a seat as it is on the same deck. We always check out the Aquaspa Cafe first to see if they have something we like before heading to the main buffet.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;3;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]Spa cafe was awesome- I only went there at about 5pm every day when I was starving and knew I'd never make it to my 8:30 late seating dinner. It was never crowded at that time- I think most people either didn't know about it (it's kind of hidden down on the spa/gym end) or they didn't feel like eating "healthy" on their cruise, or they were holding out for dinner. My husband was a naysayer until I kept bringing my tray from the spa cafe to join him in the regular dining area (much more comfortable eating area than right by the spa) and he'd be eating his same old pizza/fries and I'd have chilled fruit/veggie plates, poached salmon, chilled sliced chicken breast in pesto sauce and all kinds of other dishes. I'm a low carber and I always found something good to eat at all the meals (main breakfast and lunch buffet pretty packed with carbs but there was always eggs, bacon, meat, veggies and some form of no sugar added desserts. The food is super throughout the ship!

Regular eggs, egg beaters and egg whites were available at the omeltte station at breakfast. Unfortunately, this was at the opposite end of the spa cafe on the Connie. There were hard boiled eggs available at the cafe, and oatmeal.

There was a bran muffin that was very good, and can actually taste the bran, but I am sure there was sugar. (the high fiber lowers the GI index, however). There was always a no sugar dessert at dinner, although they usually weren't very good.

I tried to stay fairly low carb, but also enjoy myself as it was vacation. Ate the sushi at nite, a couple hours before our late seating, but had a martini every nite.

Archived