Caribbean Princess, What type of food do you get in the buffets?

Linda2433

Just wondering what type of food on the Caribbean Princess you get in the buffets, for breakfast and expecially dinner? I know that their is a seafood buffet is that certain nights, is their other food also? Thanks for any answers.

Just wondering what type of food on the Caribbean Princess you get in the buffets, for breakfast and expecially dinner? I know that their is a seafood buffet is that certain nights, is their other food also? Thanks for any answers.

Breakfast and lunch are served in the Horizon Court and the Caribe Cafe. Both are good. Dinner buffet is only served in the Caribe Cafe. Some is good, some is okay. The seafood buffet is excellent - I think they do this two nights. They have "theme nights" and the food selections don't appeal to everyone. We ate there on German night, with pretty authentic German fare. Kids had problems with this one. The only things they seemed to like were hot dogs, fries and mashed potatoes. Another night was Indonesian night. Lots of rice dishes and shish-ka-bob. It was okay. I much prefer the Horizon Court dinner buffets on other Princess ships. We actually enjoyed the Horizon best on our Coral cruise.

For some reason I thought that both Horizon Court and the Caribe Cafe were open at dinner time. I thought I remember checking the food at both locations. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.:confused:

They just had a German theme night in the Horizon Court on the Coral. It was quite festive, the food was excellent, and the servers were wearing traditional German outfits. It was the only night we didn't eat in the dining room and didn't miss it a bit. Excellent idea, Princess!

The Caribe Cafe also had a Cajun/Creole night which I thiought was there weakest night. If you like crab, lobster or shrimp, you do not want to miss the first two nights. We would take the food to our cabiin balcony for snack before having a late dinner. On all nights there was generally something the kids would eat. I seem to also recall that the Horizon Court had one side open with things remaining from the lunch buffet plus they had fresh made sandwiches till after 6:00.

Archived