Blue Lagoon Experiences?

Michuck

My son and daughter-in-law from Vermont (cold up there!) are going on the 3-day SKY out of Miami in 2 weeks (and I get to babysit my grandson while they're gone!!). I was looking at the Blue Lagoon excursion for them...coming from Vermont, they "really really" want a beach-type day. Has anyone been there recently who can comment on this excursion, or any other that might fit the bill?

Thanks!

Michele

You might want to check out the Bahamas boards, there's lots of discussion about Blue Lagoon there. If you just want a beach day, there are several resorts that will sell day passes. Blue Lagoon will also provide that, and give you the option of animal encounters (dolphins or sea lions).

DH and I just came back from the 4-day cruise on the Sky and we went to Atlantis for the day. It has a little bit of everything - beaches, pools, aquariums, etc. It does cost more for a large group, though.

Definitely check out the Bahamas boards for lots more ideas!

I did the Blue Lagoon Excursion on 3/10/11 and enjoyed it very much. It is a beautiful private island, and a relaxing place to spend the day. The tender ride out is pleasant. There are plenty of lounge chairs and hammocks on the lagoon, itself. The swimming was beautiful there and you have complimentary use of tubes, noodles, kayaks, etc. There are also more secluded beaches on the far side of the island with chairs dispersed here and there. There are no lifeguards on those beaches.

I didn't do the dolphin or sea lion swims, but I walked over to see the animals, so that was fun. There is a bar right next to the lagoon beach. The excursion includes lunch, which wasn't the best, but there are no other options on the island. I think you had a choice of a hamburger/cheeseburger/chicken burger/veggie burger, and it came with french fries, an apple, and a drink, if I remember correctly.

I would definitely do this excursion again. If you are looking to relax in a beautiful place, this fits the bill.

Archived