Pulling my hair out....

bluehenfan

I am so flustrated. A couple months ago I booked a cruise for my elderly aunt, my adult dtr. and my 19 y.o. granddaughter. I got two joining ov cabins. Now, less than 3 weeks from trip, my gr. dtr. found out she can't go because of two major tests at her college that she can't miss and has been told she can't make up. My question is, can I still go with just 3 of us? I will give elderly aunt her own cabin. I do have trip insurance, but doubt missing an exam is covered reason for cancelling. I don't even care about losing money for her unused airline ticket and cruise cost. I just want to know what happens if one person doesn't show up the day of the cruise. I don't want to call Carnival quite yet. Gr. dtr. is going to talk to professors one more time. In the meanwhile, can someone tell me if we'll have a problem boarding with just the 3 of us. Also is it too late to change passenger. I have a realative who would probably like to go in Gr Dtrs. place.

It depends on if you booked early saver, and how long until the cruise?

It's less then 3 weeks until cruise, as I said in my posting, and no it's not ES fare. Sorry, I should mentioned it wasn't ES fare rate. You're right. That would make a big difference. Thank you!!

I am so flustrated. A couple months ago I booked a cruise for my elderly aunt, my adult dtr. and my 19 y.o. granddaughter. I got two joining ov cabins. Now, less than 3 weeks from trip, my gr. dtr. found out she can't go because of two major tests at her college that she can't miss and has been told she can't make up. My question is, can I still go with just 3 of us? I will give elderly aunt her own cabin. I do have trip insurance, but doubt missing an exam is covered reason for cancelling. I don't even care about losing money for her unused airline ticket and cruise cost. I just want to know what happens if one person doesn't show up the day of the cruise. I don't want to call Carnival quite yet. Gr. dtr. is going to talk to professors one more time. In the meanwhile, can someone tell me if we'll have a problem boarding with just the 3 of us. Also is it too late to change passenger. I have a realative who would probably like to go in Gr Dtrs. place.

Nothing you just lose your money which will happen anyway..just board the Ship you do not have to explain anything.. and if they ask just tell them they have not arrived yet...

Changing passengers depends on how you booked the Cruise if it was early saver ...no you can not...if you booked other ways you can for a fee of $50 i believe...but i think after final pymt you might have issues with that also....not really sure about it

There have been some suggestions from others that are OK. You may be able to change the booking and add on another person and as someone said, there is a $50 fee for that.

If it turns out that you will be only sailing with 3, be sure to TELL CARNIVAL that there is a cancellation. You can probably tell that to the person that checks you in at the pier. Obviously, you probably will not get the money back, but you certainly do not want to be billed for gratuities which are usually automatically charged to your account. Hope you have a great cruise. :)

No show is what I did. The person thinking you need to tell them when you check in is wrong. Carnival will know she didnt check in and wouldnt charge tips for someone who did not board.

Telling them at check in will just hold up your check in. I made that mistake doing a no show.

But if you do "no show" them, you will get refunded for taxes and port fees ... we had to do that last year when my daughter got a Broadway audition - she had to make a choice between our cruise and the final call back - she chose the call back - no, she didn't get the part, but she was happy with her decision.

Archived