For the fans of Brazilian Blow out

boop3

HI!

I purchased a Groupon coupon and I am going to have this done. I have shoulder length hair.

My question is for those that had this done and also color their hair how long does it usually last?

The woman on the phone said that it 'may' not last as long after my hair is colored again.

Thanks!

Nora

You should color your hair before you get the blowout. If you color it after, the color may not take to your hair as well. Depending on how thick and curly/wavy, your hair is, it should last about 4 months.

I have wavy, medium length hair (to my shoulder blades) and I had it done about 6 weeks ago and it still looks like new! I love it...it is life changing.:p

I believe there are two different types of keratin treatments. There is a brazilian express blowout which lasts 6-8 weeks depending on how you take care of it and how your hair is. Then there is a brazilian keratin treatment that lasts 4-6 months depending on the same things.

I have the brazilian keratin treatment. I hate it. I would encourage you strongly before going into this appointment to find out what product the salon is going to use (the brand) and then see if you can get a copy of the MSDS from them or someone else to see the ingredients. I later found out (after my hair started falling out in clumps in the shower) that it can cause the hair to fall out :rolleyes: I would not put anything in my hair that has formaldehyde in it again - no matter if ANYONE tells me it is okay. ESPECIALLY since I was told "it is ALL natural." (my fault for not doing research)

I am not trying to discourage anyone because I know that not everyone has the experience that I had and that some people love their treatments. I really wanted to love mine and was absolutely looking forward to this "life changing" experience. All it changed unfortunately - was how much hair I have on my head. I now have about 20% less hair than I had a month and a half ago.

I would just encourage anyone to do research before doing this treatment to know what could happen. I didn't and am now paying for it. Literally. The treatment cost me $300 (the express would have only been $125), then $40 for the shampoo and conditioner, and now since my hair has been falling out I have done everything I can to slow the falling out so I have spent almost $100 on other products such as Nioxin scalp treatment, deep conditioning treatments, Nexxus products, etc.

And just incase there is any question - I am a healthy 24 year old woman who has regular health screenings. This thing with my hair was tragic but definitely related to my keratin treatment.

Just please research it.:(

I have had three. Brazilian Blowout, Brazilian Gloss, Gjarrah (sp?) Keratin Treatment. I liked the Blowout the best. The Gloss didn't last very long at all but I am beginning to wonder if it wasn't done right. The Gjarrah was good. I do notice that after color or over time (two months, or so) the top of my head seems to lose the softness. They do recommend that you do your color first. I just had my highlights done and am going to get a new blowout for our upcoming cruise. Good luck!

Archived