12 year old in teen program on Allure?

We are sailing on 6/5 on the Allure. I have an 11 year old daughter who will turn 12 just one month before we sail. I am concerned about her being placed in the teen program. Anyone with a recently turned 12 year old participate in that program who would care to share advice/opinon? Thanks!

RC is different from other CL that put the 13-17 together. RC puts 12-14 and 15-17 separately. My DD was on at different ages and was glad at 13 she was not with 16&17 yo and at 17 she was glad she wasn't with 13yo. The teen center is not always supervised at night if there is not an activity. The good news is that RC strictly enforces it's curfew for under 18 so you don't have to be the "bad guy"

She will meet others her age and have friends for the week. Be sure she goes to the 1st nightget to know you event. Kids tend to get into friend groups that first night and if they start going later they can feel out of place. She will have a ball!

which will likely be high that time of year.

We sailed Mariner in late Oct & the 12-17YOs were altogether, as there were only about 20 kids total. Our 12 & 15 YOs had a blast as did our 14YO niece. They made good friends (many from UK) & still facebook.

Thank you for your input! She of course does not want to be with the 9 year olds in the 9-11 group but I did have concerns about being with 16 and 17 year olds. I'm glad to hear that they might separate the 12-14 from the older teens. I will be sure she goes on the first night! Thank you!!!

Archived