? re: Murano's and OBC

waterloogirl

Hi all,

Sailing in 2 1/2 weeks and counting :). We are sailing with another couple and each suite has a $50 OBC - we would like to use the OBC's for Murano's (part payment)... question is: is it safe to wait to reserve on the cruise to use the OBC, rather than booking now and paying via credit card? We're thinking we will go to Murano's on the formal night (2nd night of five day cruise) and are hopeful there will be availability.

Second part: if we do book now, can we use our OBC for it now?

Hi all,

Sailing in 2 1/2 weeks and counting :). We are sailing with another couple and each suite has a $50 OBC - we would like to use the OBC's for Murano's (part payment)... question is: is it safe to wait to reserve on the cruise to use the OBC, rather than booking now and paying via credit card? We're thinking we will go to Murano's on the formal night (2nd night of five day cruise) and are hopeful there will be availability.

Are you a prior Celebrity Cruiser? One of the Captains Club benefits is the ability to make specialty restaurant reservations and these do not require deposits (or at least they didn't use to as of last fall). They will not take them more than 60 days in advance of your cruise.

Other than that the only way to make advance reservations is through the online system, or phone call, which require immediate payment with a credit card.

We've never had a problem getting reservations on a given night if we make them immediately after boarding but sometimes the times available are pretty early or late in the evening.

Bottom line is that if you are flexible and willing to take a chance your preferred times, and maybe preferred days, are not available then wait until you get on board. Otherwise make the reservation now and use the OBC for something else. It doesn't take much to use a $50 OBC - this can go toward gratuities, gifts, drinks (even if you don't "drink" think coffee bar, sodas, bottled water, etc), photographs, excursions, and lots of other things.

It is risky to wait; Murano on some sailings books up well in advance. Often if you wait until sailing to book there will only be very early or very late times available. If it were me, I'd book in advance (you do have to pay in advance via credit card) and use the OBC for something else.

Hi all,

You can only use your OBC for ship-board purchases.

Have you cruised with Celebrity before? If so, one of the Captain's Club benefits is Pre-sailing specialty restaurant reservations available before your cruise. So you can reserve the dining time at Murano via the Captain's Club phone # (no credit card payment required), and when you dine it will be charged to your SeaPass.

You can also log into your reservation on My Celebrity, go to Specialty Dining and see if the time you want is even available anymore.

I recently checked our Apr16th sailing, and a lot of the desired times for the specialty restaurants were already gone.

Are you a prior Celebrity Cruiser? One of the Captains Club benefits is the ability to make specialty restaurant reservations and these do not require deposits (or at least they didn't use to as of last fall). They will not take them more than 60 days in advance of your cruise.

Is this something one needs to call the Captain's Club for? I've been a CC member since the days we paid to join. But when I've made advance specialty reservations I've done it online, and have ALWAYS been charged in advance for that.

Ahhh..., looks like the above poster answered my query. The things ya learn on Cruise Critic. ;-)

CM

Is this something one needs to call the Captain's Club for? I've been a CC member since the days we paid to join. But when I've made advance specialty reservations I've done it online, and have ALWAYS been charged in advance for that.

Ahhh..., looks like the above poster answered my query. The things ya learn on Cruise Critic. ;-)

CM

One thing I recently learned (though it's not in writing anywhere that I've found) is that there is ONE complimentary specialty dining reservation for Capt Club members per BOOKING, not per Capt Club member.

I wanted to make a reservation for Tuscan & Qsine, and I was told I would have to make one of the reservations online and prepay for it. The other reservation was free and they send an email confirming your selected restaurant, date and time.

Thank you so very much everyone! I couldn't book online without prepaying; however, called the Cap Club (we're members) and made the reservation and it will be charged to our Seaspass once onboard. Brilliant!!

We have bev packages purchased, our doing our own excursions and don't visit the spa - Murano's is the best way to use up our OBC's :) Looking forward to dining there again.

Thanks again everyone!! always a wealth of knowledge.

Archived