"Pressing" question

sally r

We usually don't press our clothes before a cruise as they get all wrinkled anyway. We just send them out once on the ship. This will be our first cruise on NCL since 2000 and I am wondering if sending out is a good idea? Is NCL real expensive? RCCL is cheaper than the dry cleaners at home and they do a fine job. Can I expect the same on the Sun? We are on a 22 day b2b so I imagine I will be using their laundry service to some extent. I am also bringing my travel steamer which works wonderful for touch ups.

Thanks!

Most lines offer a special on "pressing only" the first day.

Typically the pressing only option is 50% off the dry cleaning rate - and an additional 50% off on the first day only.

check you daily paper (I forget what they call it on NCL) when you first get on board. I cant remember the last time this wasn't offered. I usually get my formal wear pressed if it took a beating in transit.

Just got back from the dawn 2/20/04 and took advantage of the pressing only 50% off special the first day and had several shirts pressed for only $1.50 each.

Very well worth it for me, so I didn't have to take any time away from bar time or worse trying to do them after I get back from the bar.

Most lines offer a special on "pressing only" the first day.

Typically the pressing only option is 50% off the dry cleaning rate - and an additional 50% off on the first day only.

check you daily paper (I forget what they call it on NCL) when you first get on board. I cant remember the last time this wasn't offered. I usually get my formal wear pressed if it took a beating in transit.

Sally and I are in the same boat, I don't iron before cruises anymore. Doesn't anyone have a laundry price list from a past cruise? NCL doesn't give this information on it's website and a search on the NCL board here doesn't show one either. I've read about the bag special for washing which will sure come in handy on a 17 day cruise, but what would really be helpful is a list of the drycleaning and press only prices. Can someone please help two spoiled ladies out??? :D

Thanks for the heads up about the discount on pressing. I have used it on RCI and was very pleased and had wondered if we could do it again.

On my last RCI cruise in May 04 they were confiscating (sp??) irons as people were checking in saying they were no longer allowed. I have a travel iron/steamer and just kept my mouth shut and proceeded forward. Luckily it was still in my bag when it arrived but I heard some people were informed it had to be removed and thrown in the pile of those being discarded :(

Anyway I figured this time I will just pay someone to press our clothes instead of worrying about loosing my iron.

My recollection is that laundry and dry cleaning services on NCL and RCCL are about the same. The prices are comparable to the shore based dry cleaners. I do think the prices for socks and underwear are very high. I wear a lot of plain white socks with tennis shoes and I can buy new for about the same cost as getting them laundered.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Jerry, you cracked me up! Reminded me of the time my boss came to work with a horrible burn on his neck. He tried to iron his shirt while wearing it!

I also agree with the cost to launder undies..we just toss 'em. Based on the info from this thread, I think I will pack my stuff wrinkled and send it out.

Archived