What to do in ports with a 7 month old baby

HalfMoon

I was thinking of going to the beach and just lounge around in the shade. We are visiting Western Carribbean and there are 4 ports (Cayman Islands, Cozumel, Roatan and Costa Maya).

Are there any other options? Should we stay on the ship? Visit local markets?

Thanks.

I was thinking of going to the beach and just lounge around in the shade. We are visiting Western Carribbean and there are 4 ports (Cayman Islands, Cozumel, Roatan and Costa Maya).

Are there any other options? Should we stay on the ship? Visit local markets?

Thanks.

Don't stay on the ships!! The local flavor of the islands is amazing! I have not been to the places you are going to, but bring her a big floppy hat, you can buy portable popup shade things, bring a baby carrying device, front or back pack. If you bring a stroller and want to take it to a beach, plan for the wheels to get stuck in the sand. You could bring along a cheap umbrella stroller and just leave it after the cruise.

Have fun!:D

• 1 month later...

We took our 7 month old on the Celebrity cruise out of San Juan, which had 5 port stops.

We took our stroller + car seat attachment + car seat with us, so were pretty mobile.

In St Thomas we took a cab to the beach, and hung out there for about 2 hours. Keep in mind a baby gets bored easily, but that is enough time if it is near nap time for them to get their toes in the sand, take a quick splash in the ocean, then take a nap.

We did the same in barbados.

In St Lucia and Antiga we just took the stroller for a walk near the port, which was relatively easy.

You really can't do any excursions, but cab rides and such open up if you bring your car seat-stroller conversion.

The other option is you can leave the baby on the boat. You don't HAVE to get off at every stop, and can enjoy some peace and quiet on the boat.

In Grand Cayman we took our infant to the Westin Hotel and rented beach chairs there. There is a fee for cruise passenger to rent chairs there for $25 per person. The beach water is crystal clear and there is a large outdoor swimming pool that is available for your use with swimming diapers. Its just a short taxi ride from the ship. We've done this twice and its great. They even serve lunch on the beach. You can see the ship off in the distance. There are jet skis and we saw a giant sea turtle there.

That sounds like a plan...but realize that a 7 mo. old won't care what you do...so pick things that interest you! A guidebook will give you ideas of what's available in each port...then you can decide what to do.

Beaches are fine....so is a bit of shopping, with baby in a stroller. If parents are happy, so will be baby.

All GC beaches are public, with bathrooms, chair/umbrellawatersport rentals/food and drink, easily available. No need to pay a hotel for a beach day!

That sounds like a plan...but realize that a 7 mo. old won't care what you do...so pick things that interest you! A guidebook will give you ideas of what's available in each port...then you can decide what to do.

Beaches are fine....so is a bit of shopping, with baby in a stroller. If parents are happy, so will be baby.

All GC beaches are public, with bathrooms, chair/umbrellawatersport rentals/food and drink, easily available. No need to pay a hotel for a beach day!

DING DING DING!! We have a winner! Just do whatever makes you happy.

Did u have to pay for the 7 month old baby?

I know RCL Carnival and NCL make you pay for the kids. Well NCL has a special

I am going this october for the weekend

I am bringing my 2 kids but leaving my 2 year old. I was afraid to bring her

I am a new cruiser and I think she may run from me off the boat LOL

I guess I am just a scarry cat..

So will it be safe to have her on the NCL.

I was also thinking she would hold us down with the other two not knowing the ropes of the cruise. This is my first, so I wanted to know the ropes so that I can carry her next time

My husband wants to carry her though

Archived