OMG it's the BEST!!!

Tripper10

Indian food is by far my favorite food, but I've never had it on a cruise. That being said, I really like authentic indian restaurants and like it very spicy, so I'm afraid I may be disappointed. If they have it on Spirit, I'll try it.

Indian food is my fave, too, but we were really disappointed in what we had on Carnival Splendor (summer 2009). The paneer (cheese) was just bricks of sawdust - no sauce on it - in fact, very little sauce anywhere to be seen. Bland... acrid... like from a foil packet... that expired six months earlier. ;) I do (usually) like the Indian Vegetarian Dinner (it's never quite the same from cruise to cruise, though) on the first night, and on Carnival Spirit the special Indian meal we ordered one night was definitely yummy. I'll be getting that again for sure.

I'm really crossing my fingers that the dry/tasteless Tandoor Grill fare on that Splendor cruise was a fluke as we're back on her next month, and if we can have decent Indian every day - oooo la la HEAVEN! Plenty of crew changeover since then - fingers crossed!

Sailed the Carnival Freedom twice and the Indian food buffet near the pool off the Lido is the BEST Lunch venue of any ship! I crave it when I'm home sometimes. What's your favorite?

Will be on the ship in June, will give it a try.

Archived