Grandparents with 14 and 10 yo - cabin choice.

tpbf

Next week I hope to book our first DCL trip for us grandparents with a 14 yo girl and a 10 yo boy. While, for 65 and 70 yo we are spry-ish (one with a walker for longer walks), just slower, but are concerned about the 14 yo. We are thinking our cabin should be near the teen club to prevent the teenager from needing too much free movement. We would need either an accessible or larger sized cabin.

Any advice about these rooms near the club, say floors 5/6 bow on Dream?? I may seem paranoid, but back in the old days (remember the Big Red Boat?) we were unable to disembark for several hours due to a missing 15 yo. It was harrowing with everyone frantic while they searched all rooms - and found her.

Tried lots of options to search this thread, but came up empty handed.

the Dream is a big ship. pick a room because you like it, not for the 14 year old. I stay away from rooms that are over or under any public area. They tend to be noisy. Friends have been under the dance floor on the Magic and they were awake until the club closed at 2AM.

Have you thought about adjoining rooms? If that's too much, there are Family rooms that give you a bit more space.

Oh, and my very first cruise was the Big Red Boat. Awful! If I didn't have some good friends who are Disney cast members asking us to cruise the Magic, I don't think we would have cruised again. Now, we're hooked, espec. on DCL.

• 4 weeks later...

i sailed with adult kids and grandkids, the teenager had a great time she had to check in with an adult from time to time curfew meals etc seemed to work well she is not always that responsible but knew that if she did not follow rules she would be stuck with us. we did insist that she eat dinner and do most shore ex with our family have fun

the Dream is a big ship. pick a room because you like it, not for the 14 year old. I stay away from rooms that are over or under any public area. They tend to be noisy. Friends have been under the dance floor on the Magic and they were awake until the club closed at 2AM.

Have you thought about adjoining rooms? If that's too much, there are Family rooms that give you a bit more space.

Oh, and my very first cruise was the Big Red Boat. Awful! If I didn't have some good friends who are Disney cast members asking us to cruise the Magic, I don't think we would have cruised again. Now, we're hooked, espec. on DCL.

Sorry you had such a bad time on the Big Red Boat. It was my family's very first cruise as well, and we had a wonderful time! I will always remember it fondly. I'm sure Disney is much bigger and better, though, and we are really looking forward to our cruise next August!

Archived