Which dining room for first formal night?

Summertime

If there is one thing I have learned from these boards it is to make my reservations for pc dining the second I hit my cabin! The problem is I don't know where or what time I want to make the reservations for, especially for the first formal night. I want the girls and I to dine together on the formal evening, is there a dining room which tends to be the most favourite in this group? I realize that favourite things to eat are very subjective. It seems that I've heard that some dining rooms are better than others. I have no clue about what I want to do the other nights or where we will dine. Depending on how the girls do at our first dinner we may want to eat the rest of the nights in the dining rooms or we may want to do more casual and eat at Horizon Court but I won't know until we get on the ship and get an idea of what our itenerary will be together. I don't know yet how much time the girls will want to spend at the Chrildren's area and if they love it and want to spend time there, perhaps I'd eat with them at the buffet during their break time and then dine later alone if they wern't up to that. But, that sounds uncomfortable. How does it work when you are a party of one? Should I just make reservations for each night and if I get to that night, change them if it dosen't work with our plans? What if I make it for all 3 of us but then the girls beg to stay in the kids area and it turns out I'm alone - can it be changed? Also when we are together can they do a table where it would be just the 3 of us? Well, I'm babbling, most of all I want to know what your thoughts are about which dining room "you" would choose for the first formal night and why? If it turns out that it's the only evening the girls and I dress up and go to dinner all together I want it to be special.

Summer

The Sterling Steakhouse seemed to be the most formal and generally desired diningroom. It tends to be a more formal setting. We loved it, but heard some younger people describe it as more "stuffy" then others. Sabattinis can be a very special occassion, but it takes a longtime (about two hours) which can be too long for kids...:)

I recommend you and the girls go to one of the formal dining rooms on formal night. Atmosphere is great, and if you go for the one on the lower deck there isn't as much hassle getting in. Make sure you don't get there at the time the first show is getting out, or there will be a wait.

Archived