Small world.

G&TQ

Did a med cruise and afterwards my husband went to the local post office to pick up the mail they had held for us. The post lady looks at my husband as says "where you in Florence, Italy last week and looking at the statue of David?" She had been on a tour chaperoning teenagers on a european tour. My husband does stick out since he is over 6'4. We were just amazed what a small world since our little town has 4 traffic lights and around 4,000 people.

The closest I have come to that experience was getting on the shuttle from the hotel in Miami to the cruise port. We started talking to a couple in front of us, found out they lived about a mile away from us, then that they owned a jewelery store 2 blocks from our home that we frequented.

We moved to Indianapolis 15 years ago, leaving behind Marietta, Georgia. Who should I meet on my roll call but someone from Marietta. I can't wait to meet her because she lives in my old neighborhood of East Cobb. I'll get to hear all the news! It'll be fun.

My son (6) went to the clinic at his school today. He was chatting with the nurse and mentioned we were cruising spring bread. When she called me to let me know he had been to the clinic and the details she told me about the conversation although he could not remember the ship we would be on. Well it turns out we are going on the same cruise.

It is such a small world!:D

I have many small world stories but here is my oddest.Puerto Vallarta Mexico way back when the guest register was a book on the front desk .I looked in the book and found a guest with my name and home town registered the previous week.The next year in Acapulco Mexico I looked at the register and the same name and home town were listed.Here is the really wierd part,I went to the train station in my hometown to buy a ticket and the mans name who sold me the ticket was the same as mine.I aked him had he been to Mexico and he replied "yes I have ,to Puerto Vallarta and Acapulco" to the same hotels as me.What are the chances of that happening?

DH and I were in London at Harrods looking for lace fabric by the yard. That department is upstairs, clear bak in a corner. Suddenly we heard a woman's voice saying "Hello, Garland." We looked around, and to our surprise we saw one of the family members from a

small restaurant we went to at home. :)

Cruzin Lady

Two days before we left for our last cruise, DD's soccer team was talking about who would miss days for spring break. Turned out one of her teammates was taking the same cruise! The girls had a great time together on VOS.

My best friend and I recently booked our upcoming Freedom cruise. A couple we know decided to book also. I had already booked our cabin and they had no idea of which cabin we were in when they booked.

When we got together to compare notes, their cabin adjoins ours!

What are the odds?

I totally forgot about this one but its a good one.

I took a solo trip to San Juan last May (memorial day weekend) as a land vacation and I was sitting out in front of the hotel waiting for my van pick up for an excursion when I hear someone yelling my name.

It was a couple that I had met on Enchantment the year before. They had been mytable mates at dinner and also just so happened to live 30 minutes away from me. Anyway they were getting on the Adventure of the Seas and were excited thinking I was about to join them, wish I had though!

My husband and I enjoy dancing and we frequent a club in VA Beach. There is a couple who also frequents this club......they are fantastic dancers.........on our first night on the cruise, while we were dancing.....who did we see?? The couple who we never spoke to before who frequent the same club in VA Beach.......we are now friends........:)

let me tell you my "small world" story. on a 1969 yankee station cruise( viet nam), i was a marine on the USS New Orleans (a helicopter carrier). we were a reaction force. i'm walking thru the hanger deck 1 day and i pass a navy guy. got a strange feelinf that i knew him, but thought i'm marine, he's navy so no. well a day or 2 later i pass him again. same feeling,so i ask him where he was from back in the world. he says "delaware", i go where,he says Smyrna. that's a town 12 miles from me(dover), i didn't know him but i guess in our running around before we joined the military we had to see each other enough that i recoginezed him years later in the south china sea. we're now members of the same V V A chapter. yes,it is a small world. :eek:

I have seen a classmate of mine on a cruise as well as 2 patients (I am a physician assistant).... but the weirdest small world occurance happened my last cruise.

I had just come back from my Oasis cruise and was in clinic. I had a new patient that day who was telling me how her problem had acted up on a recent cruise. As I started talking to her more, I found out she was on the same ship, same dates, same floor, 2 doors down from me! Yes, we did not know eachother at the time, but it sure was pretty coincidental!:eek:

This story is not cruise-related but still shows that it's a small world. My mother, sister and I were vacationing in Switzerland when we struck up a conversation with a young woman who was there to celebrate getting her Ph.D. When we asked where she was from, she replied it was a small town in PA that we probably never heard of. Well, it turned out to be the town right next to ours and in fact, the town in which we go to church! In addition, she later ended up getting a contract job at the non-profit agency where I worked. Small world indeed!

It is a small world! We were taking a partial Panama Canal cruise several years ago. We were in the smallish movie theater for Muster and all of a sudden I saw one of mother's best friends. This friend had lost her husband several years before, had moved to another state & remarried & voila, there she was! I couldn't believe my eyes so I nudged DH to look her way to see if I was correct. I was & about that time she noticed me. After Muster we engaged in a long conversation catching up.

Another time on our Alaskan cruise we were walking thru some shops in the village (can't exactly remember which port this was), it started pouring down rain, we ran into a little store to buy parkas & there was a lady who we know fairly well in our city. Turned out that there were 2 ships in port & she & her DH were on the other one. Our expressions when we saw each other, were, I'm sure, priceless!! Yes, it is a small world!!

Carol

Last April we were on the Caribbean Princess out of San Juan. On the second night we were walking to the dining room when a man in line turned around. It turned out to be my doctor! Talk about a surprise. We're both from Syracuse! We kept bumping into him and his family for the rest of the cruise!

Archived