Carib Select , Moby Dick Tours, Captain Marvin or Stingraycruises

peachpitts

Quite a dilema. Have in in touch with all of these providers. Really wanted to do Stingraycruise company, but not sold on their timing. They told me we could do their tour leaving at 12:15. Our ship sails at 6pm (ship time) which I assume could be 5pm GC time, the tour would get us back at port at 4:15pm (5:15pm ship time?) don't know about this one.

Captain Marvin offered a short excursion leaving at 1:45 that goes to stingray city and then the barrier reef. I have asked them what time we would get back to port on that one too.

Moby Dick tours said it was too early for them to tell about the timing of the trips (our trip isn't until early next year 2012).

Any suggestions?:confused:

We've used Moby Dick before and will be using them again next month - can't say enough good things about them. We've always done the morning tour and then they drop you at 7-mile beach or back at the port.

I suspect all 3 would flex their schedules to get you and the rest of their passengers back to the ship - causing your customers to miss the boat does not do much to promote repeat business or good reviews on TripAdvisor.:rolleyes: Good luck! :)

Hi- I am having the same problem, we are sailing in January 2012 and would love to do the stingraySailing tour, but I am concerned with making it back on time. I've done a search, but haven't found any reviews about their afternoon tours. :(

I usually prefer morning excursions...so I don't worry about getting back to the ship on time.

Grand Cayman is perfect for this - excursion in the morning and hang out at 7 mile beach til we're ready to head back to town. Grab a cab and go...easy!

Peg

Got right off the tender at 8-8:15, met Chip (host), went to the sand bar, then went snorkeling. We were a small group of 8 and had a fabulous time ahead of the large ship excursions and Moby Dick's large excursion. We headed back in and Chip dropped us at 7 mile beach about 11:30 where we caught public transportation to Hell and then the turtle farm and a 1:00 dolphin swim. We did all this and were back in the tender line at 3:15 (after a couple of minor shopping stops!).

I can't recommend them enough! http://www.stingraysailing.com

Archived